on 1 May 2012
This is a little gem of a book that encapsulates, in very concrete advice, how to create a mindful space in your home. Written by Thay, his deep love and compassion for all comes through so clearly. We don't have to have a golden Buddha statue, all is within us and we can create a simple and beautiful place where all the busyness stops with relative ease. I love the mantras for washing dishes or coming through the front door...'I have arrived...I am home' Where else can we stop and breathe and be ourselves if not in our own home? Meditation can take place at any time...Fabulous little sketches.
30 people found this helpful
on 17 December 2017
This is not really a book as such, it is more a small booklet (and small in size only 4"X 6"). I read it in about thirty minutes. It's nice in its simplicity, but it is more a stocking filler than a book to read.
on 2 January 2013
Gave this book 5 stars ( would have given it more). Since reading this book, I have felt a lot calmer and not as stress. Highly recommend this book.
13 people found this helpful
on 24 November 2012
This small book is packed with wonderful advice for appreciating a simple life and tips on achieving peace in your home environment. Highly recommended.
12 people found this helpful
on 29 June 2015
Excellent little book with some good hints and tips. Everything Thay writes is beautiful and I do hope he is making a full recovery at Plum Village.
One person found this helpful
on 23 April 2017
This book was simple to read and like all his books and teachings Tich Naht Hahn makes mindfulness and mindful living so accessible to everyone, it is so fulfilling you just want to share it with everyone, especially my grandchildren.
on 1 February 2016
Lovely little book. Nice ideas and a pleasure to read.
One person found this helpful
on 27 September 2017
Excellent read!
on 14 October 2016
Small but very beautiful. I really recommend this to you.
on 10 October 2016