Customer reviews

Passing The Baton - Live From Brixton [CD & DVD]
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 March 2012
I was there, stood at the front, left of stage, dressed as a nun (Faithless, Sister Bliss, Salve Mea, God Is A DJ?) still half deafened from the night before. The DVD captures the evening perfectly. All around was love, the audience for the band, the band for their fans and noticeably the band for the music they had created over the years.

Maxi Jazz's voice sounds slightly tired but then he is getting on a bit. Some of the keyboards sound a bit clichéd but then Faithless were instrumental in inventing the clichés and they still bring shivers to my neck, upper arms and one or two other spots. The atmosphere, the sheer joy of being there is captured perfectly in this DVD filmed in the best venue they could possibly have chosen. Faithless and Brixton Academy have never looked or sounded better.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
10 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 25 December 2012
Live from Brixton and I was there. I met Maxi at the Autosport show in Birmingham a few years back and I asked him why Fatihless did not return to their Brixton home. "Can't fit enough of you in" he replied. Well a few years later and they were back for their farewell nights. For £8.99 you get 12 live tracks on the CD and and compilation of the last two nights gigs on the DVD. BARGAIN! This was one of the best gigs I've ever been to and its such a shame that Faithless have decided to call it a day. I discovered them late on in their career but the great rhythms and riffs Sister Bliss provides along with the soft rap of Maxi makes them one of my all time favourites. If you weren't lucky enough to be there - buy this. If like me you were, still buy this. Fabulous memories of a great band. Thank you Faithless. We come one!
on 17 January 2014
As someone who was not at the live show I found the Audio CD to be truly disappointing with only the last track coming close to what I've come to expect from Faithless. Maxi may have been there on stage but lacked the energy on the CD, perhaps it's in the editing and Feel Me was mistake without Neil Arthur on vocals. I'm clearly in the minority but I don't see this album as a fitting encore to a great band.
on 7 September 2012
No question about the music, the band are or were simply superb and seeing them, or rather feeling them, perform live. . . . Just Incredible!!
So, why this review? I was surprised to find the CD and DVD arrived without cellophane packaging (no big deal) but also both discs were very marked with fingerprints!!! How can that be if the item is sold as "new".... Apart from that though - a superb buy! Don't miss it!
on 20 January 2018
All good:)
on 6 August 2015
One off the best concerts I have seen on DVD - great sound and vision
Faithless put on brilliant performance with all the best songs.
A must buy if your a fan.
on 12 August 2015
Arrived well on time. Would say one of there best.
on 7 January 2014
Faithless bow out on a high. Crowd interaction with the band provides a fitting send off to this grrat band.
on 7 January 2013
If your a faithless fan then you'll love this, its amazing, the songs, the setting, the music is awesome, chuffed to have had this as a present
on 21 April 2012
The DVD is the full version of the last ever concert given by Faithless in April 2011. An essential souvenir for anyone who was ever a Faithless fan, it includes their most famous tracks. Faithless were always superb live and this concert was no exception. The CD contains only some of the tracks on the DVD. My only criticism is that it took a whole year after the concert for it to be released.