on 1 January 2016
I bought this on a whim as it would fit in my handbag for inspiration on days when I get to the supermarket without an idea in my head. Will I use it? Yes I will! The recipes are not just a rehash of all the old standards - there are some good, simple and unusual ideas there with the added advantage that the ingredients are not impossible to obtain here in the sticks.
on 4 September 2016
Very disappointing. Unoriginal recipes, very little new here and some ingredients very hard to source - lovage, sorrel - not available in Waitrose let alone Lidl! I feel ripped off by this book sold entirely on her name - I wonder if Sophie even had much to do with the content.
on 3 December 2012
This is a great book with lots of sensible recipes that can be prepared on a daily basis. The ingredients listed are so that it's actually possible to have them all at home at once without needing to plan the meal ahead for weeks. The recipes are affordable and can be prepared quickly and easily. Each recipe has a picture that shows the outcome which gives you a good idea of what to expect.
on 4 December 2017
Not too exciting..might be good for someone who has just started vegetarian cooking, but old hands will find nothing new here. Great value at one pence, though!
on 5 November 2017
...
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
...

Wait! Worcester sauce is not vegetarian. Embarrassing.
on 2 July 2013
I bought this book because we had it out of the library & I found that most of the recipes were attractive to try, therefore the book was worth owning. The recipes are clearly written & easy to follow, the results usually great. An interesting factor is that fairly familiar ingredients & combinations are enhanced by unusual herbs & seasonings which lift the dish.
on 18 May 2013
Four stars because I bought the book only few day ago and I tried only one recipe and... it was very good! You can find plates from all over the world that's what I was looking for. Some of them with author's personal touch and advise. Every recipe has a very helpful final picture.
on 4 December 2015
Arrived promptly and as described.
on 23 October 2015
delicious recipes : )
on 13 August 2017
Some lovely recipes, will enjoy making and eating these.