on 4 April 2013
I have now bought two of these and consider them excellent, once you have the wifi set up, which is not always easy.
I agree with others that the instructions for entering the code of your router are very poor. The secret is that if you enter the Key it has to be entered in hex! To convert your existing code to hex search the web for "asciitohex", which takes you to a website where you can generate the hex code.

For example if your code is 12345678 then enter this in the yellow box and click convert. The blue box will give you the hexadecimal 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 and these are the codes you need to enter into the radio.

It's also not clear when you buy the radio that to set up your favourite bookmarks you need access to the internet in order to connect to the vtuner website. However it is possible to use the radio without doing this.

I was astonished that the radio is able to receive FM without an external aerial. With wifi it's true there are sometimes delays in connecting and pauses, but that's because of internet transmission problems rather than problems with the radio.

And to be honest I'm not enthralled by the colour, nor the fact that it's so narrow it tends to fall over. I tend to lay it flat. The speaker is a bit small, but for voice it's fine. The volume is good.

In sum I'm very happy with both my purchases and would recommend it.
on 7 August 2013
Purchased this for my brother who lives in Canada on a recent visit wanted to get BBC radio over there- had another only a different name.Over a year and I can't do without it, yes it's quirky setup and the screen is far too small sometimes you have to reset the network or the code seems to lose its way but rare just 'Turning it on and off 'seems to work as long as you have good Wi-Fi . It's fantastic on headphones that's if the station is 128bit stereo- some are not so you get mono - the FM works ok but hardly ever use it -One thing it's very tuff -dropped it a few times .Fully charged it will last all night- know this as I don't sleep much so I have my pre-sets .Supplied is a USB to charge on a pc/laptop but you can also use this connected to a mains adapter.
I would very much recommend this (Quirky) Wi-Fi radio
on 1 January 2012
I posted an earlier review complaining that I could not get it working on WiFi. This is now fixed and it was working all of the time but I had misunderstood the instructions. I do think that they need to fix this as I'm reasonably technically competent and I couldn't figure it out, until their tech support pointed me in the right direction. It took a few days but they stuck with it until it worked so I'm reasonably happy with their support.

Having said all that, it is pretty much what you would expect from a radio that is the size of large box of matches. The quality from the 2 inch speaker is as you would expect, i.e. "tinny", but through headphones it is much better.

The menu screen is a little small but adequate for finding radio stations and other than the initial connection issues mentioned above I've found it relatively easy. It seems to be able to find any radio station at all that broadcasts on the net. To risk stating the obvious, its input is your WiFi so if your link is slow you will get breaks in the reception or none at all. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it.
on 17 April 2016
For anyone who has bought the WTR-100,or is thinking of doing so and finds recharging from a USB on your computer laborious as it takes six hours, there is a ready solution to hand. If you have a small mobile phone recharger such as the Samsung Galaxy J5, just take out the power cable
and insert the Sansui power cable which fits neatly into the adaptor and hey presto you can recharge from the mains. As I type this I am watching
my little radio recharge happily from the mains socket. And if you want to use this method to convert your sansui into a mains radio that is fully recharged, that is another plus.
on 18 August 2013
This radio is one of the best things I have ever bought, I use it for over 3 hours a day and has always worked except when the portal Vtuner.com was off one weekend. Must listen to station is Alex Jones show at infowars.com find it on this radio in USA - Texas.
on 24 October 2013
Very little nice Wifi Radio.
It works on FM, but quite difficult to fix it on wifi.
I looked at all the advises upside, coded in hexa as the first adviser told us, but it was already in hexa, if you got the Wep code on your box, and there is numbers and letters from A to F, it's hexa, remind of shool and if you have 13 pairs of numbers and letters it's WEP126.
So how i fixed it, I wait to the friend of my daughter. He went to the accounts of the box, we have internet boxes in France, Live box, free box ... and so.
He put all the Securities down, filled the WEP126 and it worked.
So we put them again in high and unkicked the MAC something and it worked now everytime.
The reception is good but not too far from the box.
It's not the same than a Roberts Wifi radio but it's the third of the price and nice to take it with us around the house.
Hope this helped you and hope that my English is not too rubish.
on 29 September 2013
Took a chance on this unit after reading the eronious review saying Vtuner no longer worked. Not the case, works fine.
The product was mainly bought to listen to Radio Caroline after they ceased their Satelite service and that it does perfectly but a whole lot more beside.
Great fun scanning round the world listening to a huge multitude of different stations. Like shortwave and late night MW in years gone by. Getting the WIFI key in was a little fiddly and took a couple of attempts but after that has been fine.
Minor gripe is that it cannot cope with hotel wifi that requires going to the hotel's page to put a key in. It does however work fine with my 3g MiFi dongle making it truley portable anywhere in the UK as the Mifi can just sit in a pocket. In my view a lot more fun than a DAB radio. Would be 5 stars if the hotel issue could be overcome.
on 24 January 2014
This is a fabulous little radio with excellent features one of the most practical being a simple slide switch to prevent accidental change of settings. FM reception is also surprisingly good even with weak signals. Very good battery life giving me two or three days of frequent use between charges. It is a little large for a shirt pocket at 3" x 5" x .75" and has no belt clip or case so buy a small camera case for it or risk a smash. Other reviewers mention difficulty entering the wifi password but I found it very simple. Perhaps the firmware has been updated. Highly recommended.
on 24 February 2013
I just bought this very small internet radio and it simply will not connect to my home wifi network. When I turn it on it searches immediately for networks and finds mmy network but when I enter my security key phrase, it just reads "error". I've tried it a dozen times and get the same result every time. I know the security key phrase is correct since we have two computers that accepted it.
If it won't connect, I'll just have to send it back to Amazon which would be a shame because it looks as if it should be exactly what I want--a small internet radio for travel, shaving in the morning, hotels, etc.
I really want this little thing to work well.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 September 2013
If it had been a little better at negotiating the encryption for Wi-Fi I would have given it 5 *. I had to set up a simpler WPA ID to get it to work, I could not get it work on my existing WPA2.

Also this device would benefit from a web login but doesn't have it.

All in all a good value.