on 26 March 2015
An interesting collection and one which I feel I can return to often. Several of the poets are new to me and so are many of the poems. The poems are arranged by subject such as 'Death and Grief' and 'Inspiration and Joy' which makes finding something to suit one's mood easy and also allows comparison of what some of the greatest English language poets have said on different subjects. A selection of slightly longer works and useful biographical notes conclude the book.
on 29 July 2015
As others have said, a somewhat idiosyncratic collection -- probably very old edition -- but usable. The main reason for the low star rating is it has a limit on the number of downloads you can do. I just tried to download to my new iPhone and got a "limit exceeded" message instead. Even though the old iPhone was de-registered. No info in Amazon's Help section either. Tedious.
on 13 July 2013
can't remember the rationale given as to why these qualify for 'best-loved' poems but hard to imagine what it could have been.

Oddly, Christina Rosetti features heavily and other quite obscure(and deservedly so!) poets whilst people that I love such as Auden and Eliot are almost unrepresented. but part of the point of an anthology like this is to disvover what someone else thinks is 'great' and challenge your own conceptions and at this level, this certainly does exactly that
on 21 February 2013
As with another poem anthology I bought "100 Best-Loved Poems", again I couldn't get on with this collection. Many of them I hadn't even heard of. And again, as with the other anthology, so many poems which really are universally loved weren't featured at all.
on 13 September 2015
Love the book nice to be able to pick up and put down just reading bits at at time, great choice of poems
on 25 August 2013
A lovely collection of poems. I would recommend this collection to all poetry lovers. There will be something in this collection to carry you away.
on 9 August 2013
I was pleased because everything completely satisfactory - the item was delivered promptly to my Kindle and I could start reading straightaway
on 6 January 2013
This is a great collection of poems to dip in and out of. I use it when I want a short read - I found this book had old favourites & poems new to me in just the right measure.
2 people found this helpful
on 31 October 2013
Quite a good spread of poems but disappointing that there was no index to the individual poems making it hard to find one I wanted or even to know what was there.
on 23 January 2013
The poems are very good but it is hard to easily find the one you want. Needs a better index
3 people found this helpful