VINE VOICEon 18 October 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
I have to admit that I'm a bit of a sucker for the current trend for midwife biogs. I read and loved the Jennifer Worth books long before they made it to the small screen and am always on the look out for something similar.

This book certainly doesn't disappoint. It's not quite in the same mould, being less descriptive of the social setting (although there are numerous references) and more concerned with the details of training to reach her chosen profession. It's a fabulous book, detailed, moving and very easy to get sucked into. I only wish the book were longer or there was a sequel as there is so much of the story left to tell.

If you're like me and a fan of this genre then buy this book immediately. It's a lovely read. Despite receiving the paperback from Amazon's Vine programme I straight away bought it for my Kindle too.
on 5 December 2017
perfect pressie
on 28 September 2017
A very enjoyable book.
on 9 April 2015
I loved this story of the transition from teenage girl to confident nurse and midwife, it was so honest and also full of examples of why people are so interesting and so rewarding to care for, it reminded me how lucky I am to be a nurse and to share some of the experiences described by Linda. Would recommend this book to anyone.
on 6 February 2014
A wonderful, true story, of life as a student nurse and then a midwife set in Manchester. You lived every moment of the training and exultation with Linda Fairley when she became a fully qualified midwife. There was a lot of laughter and a few tears at some of the tragedies, but all in all a wonderful book. As soon as I finished it, I ordered the sequel.

Would highly recommend this book.
on 16 June 2014
A lovely read from start to finish. Loved every minute especially reading of how much things have changed in midwifery and yet so much will always remain the same.
on 22 January 2014
I had a daughter about the time this book was written.reminds me of this.the funny things that happen also the sad ones make this a very enjoyable read.
on 27 April 2017
Brilliant book couldn't put in down !
Moving straight onto the next one
Really gives the feeling as though your actually there .
on 20 July 2017
Lovely story I couldn't put it down
on 29 December 2012
This book kept me reading like no other. I didn't want to put it down. You feel like you are there with her.