on 1 June 2017
I am doing the moonwalk marathon. Being a runner I thought I could get away with wearing my synthetic running socks in my walking shoes. Big mistake, which led to blisters and damp, sweaty feet. Bought these on reccomendation of a mountain climbing friend and have had no more blisters, even on 20mile walks. Wash before 1st wear, always wash inside out with no fabric softner were tips I was given too. Socks still look great after over 100miles of training.
13 people found this helpful
on 14 September 2017
Bought two pairs of these socks for a 3 day walking trip in Canada covering just under 50km. My walking boots were relatively new and I was looking for a pair of socks that would help stop any blisters forming and keep my feet dry. I figured the price of the socks would be worth it if my feet were still in tact after the first day, (and that was optimistic!).

The socks fitted as expected. They keep your feet warm and the wicking seemed to work really well as my feet were dry when I took them off. They were thick enough to stop any blisters forming. I bought 2 pairs of mens socks in the same brand for my partner and he only had a very small blister on his toe at the end of the walk, (but we suspect that was to do with his walking boots being slightly too small).

Considering how little walking we do, and the fact that the boots were not worn in, we were really amazed. These socks and the Compeed Blister Stick did a great job of holding our feet together so we were able to enjoy our hike and, for us, were definitely worth the money.
on 25 February 2017
Lovely mid weight socks. I can wear them in bed and in cold Kent weather (not very) my feet are warm for working outdoors. I have been wearing these socks for 2 months now. They were washing at 30degcel and a low spin very nicely and then ruined them by taking a fellow posters advice and washing them at 40degcel. They shrank 2" in length and because they are so fitted I can't wear them comfortably any more. Amazon are replacing them for me and have ordered me a new pair to arrive the following day. I can't fault Amazon.
on 27 January 2017
I don't pretend to understand why a sock should cost this much but after trying and wasting money on cheaper alternatives I have gone back to Bridgedale socks. They are soft and quiet thick but suit all types of weather. I wear in both wellies and walking boots but a bit to thick for my dubarry boots. No point in buying cheaper alternatives. Silly but I also love the girly colour stops my OH stealing them!
on 14 December 2016
Ive bought several pairs of these socks over the years and absolutely love their softness, cushioning and support for my feet. They are wonderful under boots. Great quality and they last a long time without aging.
6 people found this helpful
on 25 November 2012
I ordered far to many diff walking socks. Although these are expensive, they were by far the best. They got me through the Inca Trail last month! :)
25 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 July 2017
I have bought Bridgedale socks in the past and was impressed by them as they are a great fit and good quality. These are a different style from my other ones, but they are still of good quality and are also a good fit. They are superb teamed with my walking boots.
One person found this helpful
on 23 October 2017
Love the lightness and comfort of these socks but they are not as robust as they should be. Pilling quickly they look quite worn out after only 3 months of use.
One person found this helpful
on 8 July 2015
I first bought these a few pairs of these a couple of years ago and have recently bought more. The first ones have been very well used and are really comfortable; no seams to dig into the toes, even when walking down a steep slope. They wash well and wear well with no shrinking, stretching or bobbling. Pretty blue and mauve and the flower is a nice detail.
on 31 March 2017
Good product delivered promptly, no issues with size or quality, very comfortable. Will recommend to family and friends.