on 14 December 2015
I thought these were great when I first got them - nice soft material, snug fit; but over time they have become slightly too small despite following the washing instructions given, and when my toddler was sick the other night it proved that the sheet isn't remotely waterproof - our mattress is ruined, I'm so annoyed.
on 30 June 2016
Having a little one comes with many joys, but it also has its downsides like wet mattresses and many other things. Don’t get me wrong, I love my little one, but having to change the mattress protector can become a nuisance.
Out of curiosity, I decided to try using a mattress protector and this is when I found this product. The cover itself comes in different sizes, I could get one for the cot or for a single bed. This is great if you have more than one kid. The mattress protector is comfortable as its brushed cotton and its breathable. On top of that, the product is waterproof which it should be as it protects the mattress mostly from liquids.
PROS
- It fits most mattresses well as its elasticated all the way around
- It’s waterproof
- It’s soft
CONS
- Some have complained about the waterproof capability of the cot mattress protector
VERDICT
The cot mattress protector is definitely something to consider, to help ease your daily workload. It’s waterproof to a certain extent and can fit the mattress snugly thanks to the elastics on it. The soft brushed cotton feel on the mattress protector is also an added plus as it adds to the comfort of the bed.
on 27 July 2016
I have purchased these sheets in 2 different sizes, first for my sons cot and now for his toddler bed, so have been using them for the last 2 years. I think they are brilliant, they have protected the mattresses from the poop explosions and spit up of the newborn phase and now through the rigours of potty training.

When I was pregnant a friend recommended that you layer sheets, 'waterproof, cotton, waterproof, cotton', to ensure that when, in the middle of the night, when you have to change sheets, you don't have to faff about with replacing, you just whip off a layer. This seemed genius to me and I have always done it, I can tell you it has saved me on numerous occasions.

These fit on the mattress well, they have a good amount of overlap so don't compress the mattress and stay where they're put. They wash well and have not stained.
on 6 May 2015
Soft, quiet (no rustling unlike a conventional waterproof sheet) and they wash and v tumble dry well. Very impressed. Have used them for nearly 5 months now and they are still as good as the day they arrived.
on 23 April 2016
I bought 2 of these for a new cot mattress. The cot mattress has its own cover but I bought these as they can be put on and taken off quite easily.
The mattress protector is elasticated all the way round and fits on the mattress just like a fitted sheet. It fits the cot mattress well, which is sized at 120cm x 60cm with a depth of 10cm. It just about fits depth wise so if your mattress has a depth greater than 10cm, you'll struggle getting this to stay on.
The right side is soft to the touch, similar to a brushed cotton type fabric. The underside is like a waterproof type canvas material which stops the leaks getting through.
I use this mattress protector with a fitted jersey cot sheet on top and this has been tested by my three week old baby a few times. The moisture does go through to the top layer of the mattress protector but the underside does prevent it getting through to the mattress.
If the accident is mopped up quickly, it stops it seeping further but that isn't always possible during the night although they are good enough for the every day little leaks that babies come out with :-)
You do have to be a little careful when fitting this on as the sides of the mattress protector are made from a fine lace/netting fabric and I imagine this will tear if you pull it too hard.
Cleaning wise, this washes well though I try not to tumble dry as I find that tends to shrink it a little. Line drying works fine and it doesn't take long to dry as the sheet doesn't hold much moisture.
All in all, I wouldn't rely on this just on its own for big accidents and spills but it is absolutely fine for everyday use with a new baby.
on 20 June 2013
It feels plasticy, and not very nice, especially the net type fabric around the sides. All would be forgiven, but after the first wash it shrunk so much, I couldn't put it on any more! In fact, it was about 10-15 cm shorter thwn the mattress. i did follow washing instructions, so maybe it was jus tthe odd one I got, as i can't seem others complaining of this!
on 22 March 2014
Very pleased to find a washable mattress protector with a soft cover to fit a new 60 x 120 mattress in the travel cot to be used by my 3 month old granddaughter. It arrived promptly and was a good close fit to the mattress. It hasn't yet been necessary to wash it, but so far we are happy with it.
on 18 August 2015
This is not waterproof. Our baby threw up some milk and it went through the cover. :(
on 12 February 2015
The protector is waterproof - serve its purpose. I notice it shrank a little once tumble dried. Now it doesn't fit the mattress too well. Since then I only line dry the protector. The material is sturdy and doesn't tear easily.
on 23 May 2013
I bought two of these, as recommended by other mums - put both on the bed under the sheet, then in the case of any nighttime incidents, you just take the sheet and top protector off, then put a new sheet on - saves scrabbling about in the middle of a night with a poorly baby. So far untested, but our daughter has slept just as soundly since they were put on her mattress.