on 22 July 2012
Lokant is the second book in the Draykon series. It follows directly on from where the first book, Draykon, left off. We get to know more about Llandry, the draykons and the relationship between Eva and Tren. But the mystery also deepens as well. There was some kind of link between Draykons and humanity in the past which is gradually revealed through the book and there is also a mystery surrounding a scheming sect which wants to get its hands on the Draykon bone (and Llandry) for some dark, as yet unknown purpose.
The writing, pace and characterization were all very good. It's an original and enjoyable story that I found difficult to put down. Miss English is a very talented writer who manages to make her worlds seem very real and convincing. Her world building is complex. There are several different realms: the Uppers, Lowers and the middle realm where humans live. In the human world, half is always in darkness whilst half is always in light. Add to this the complex mixing of scientific and magical systems and it could all get a bit confusing as to which world you're in and the strange rules that govern each. But it doesn't get confusing. The author handles the story in such a way that it all fits together seamlessly.
I really enjoyed Lokant and would highly recommend it. I give it four bookworms.
on 6 February 2012
This is the second novel in the Draykon series, and continues shortly after the previous book left off. I love the unique set-up of the Draykon worlds, and the plot keeps me turning page after page, but probably my favourite thing about these books is the cast of believable, determined, flawed-yet-lovable characters. In Lokant we meet a number of intriguing new characters, and there are further adventures for old favourites. If you loved Draykon (book 1) half as much as I did, I think you'll find this a worthy successor.
on 9 December 2015
This is the second book in the Draykon series and I absolutely loved the first. I’m just ashamed it’s taken me so long to get round to reading this one..

So we are back in the wonderful world of the Seven Realms and the troubles revolving around Llandry Sanfaer who discovered a mysterious stone which has caused so many problems. The Draykon are an ancient race long thought extinct.. not any more….

Charlotte builds perfectly on from the established characters and events of the first book but so much more is added, more characters to enjoy and we get to know a lot more about the Draykoni history. Things start to piece together in places and you can see the big picture starting to form.

This book was a great chance for the author to work on the character development and it paid off big time.. we see the relationship between Tren and Eva develop. The storyline that unfolds for these two was brilliant.. frustrating and brilliant.. You just want to bang their heads together. What made it so go is you get to see things from each prospective which makes it easier to understand why they act the way they do.

One of the things I like the most about Charlotte’s stories is she isn’t scared of making a reader work, names and places you have to pronounce that make your brain work.. It’s not dumbed down. She also has a great way of making the characters personality come out in her writing, for example whenever you read a passage where Eva is talking you can always detect the slight superiority she has about herself. This makes it great to read as you can actually imagine the conversation happening rather than just reading the words… it makes reading it more fun.

The best addition to the book is Pensould, a Draykon, I won’t spoil him for you but his no nonsense approach has left me hoping he plays a bit part in the next book.

The other character I really enjoyed is named Krays, who gives fresh life to the tale and lots more mystery.. This man has motives we don’t fully understand and I can’t wait to get to grips with book 3 to find out more about him.

It’s very hard to write a review for this book as I don’t want to give anything away but if you like fantasy & mystery this is the series for you. This is exactly what I want from a fantasy book.

Ok.. if you haven’t heard of the Draykon series I urge you to have a look on Amazon.. It’s first book is free so why not give it a go?

What I did was read the first book then purchased the box set of 3 books, it offers better value and is definitely worth it.

Charlotte has solidified her place as a favourite author of mine so look out in 2016 for more reviews of her work :)
on 22 November 2014
This has been my book of the month! Absolutely loved it.
I read a review saying that these books have "barbie" plot lines and to be honest was debating not even reading them...wow I'm so glad I did! In my opinion this book is better than the first,
I absolutely couldn't put this book down, it is gripping from start to finish. I loved the relationship between Eva and Tren and also the sense of humour the author has given him..I giggled throughout the book at his antiques! Fab really highly recommended.. now if you will excuse me I have book three to read! ;)
on 28 February 2013
This book follows on from the previous one and is just as thrilling and complicated as the first one. Plot lines open up encouraging the reader to delve further and further into the realms of Glinnery and its neighbours. Draykons are invading and they have a thirst for blood and destruction. Will they succeed , I don't know but am looking forward to the next in the series, where this one ends is on a knife edge. Several plots are moving forward but not yet at fruition....
on 25 August 2013
Just finished reading book 2...and purchased Book 3 today....Have thoroughly enjoyed the series...and.... I will probably try to "save" Book 3 to make it last!

A superb work of fantasy, engaging the reader from the beginning. Fabulously written, you can relate to the well developed characters who all seem very real. interesting plot, well developed characters.

Definitely recommended.... Would make superb film...DMH
on 11 May 2013
Enjoyed Lokant as much as Draykon, (book 1 of the series) and I'm looking forward to downloading and reading Orlind as well.
Plenty of twist and turns in the story and a few bits that keep you hanging on, just about right to keep it interesting.
If you like stories about magic and dragons, this is a good one!!
on 14 April 2013
Yet another fantastic book. I enjoyed this more than the first and the new charaters that emerged. Llandry character is becoming more feisty and beginning to receive more credit. I hope book 3 is just as good as 1 and 2. Well written.
on 21 July 2013
I was quietly impressed with the first book. The second has, perhaps over extended the character roster but so far seems to be in control of them. I am looking forward to seeing how they are managed in the next book.
on 25 March 2013
A fine fantasy series. (3 BOOKS) I was very disappointed when the series ended as I felt that I had really come to the know the individuals and wanted to continue reading about their lives.