on 18 November 2012
I really enjoyed this tale and the development of Gio and B's romance and relationship is really well played out. The story is expanding very well too, without it seeming to be 'looking around' for the next direction. Overall 'This same earth' was a great read and an excellent 'holiday' book.

BUT!!! The constant smirking, snickering and snorting that accompanies almost every conversation between Gio and B made it seem at times like I was reading a chapter in My Little Pony. It was sooooo irritating! It really let down an otherwise very well crafted and written story. Hunter has an excellent imagination regarding story telling but seemingly a limited knowledge of suitable verbs. So I have to knock marks off for clunky dialogue.

But I have ordered the next book so I'm willing to give Hunter another chance :) !
on 9 June 2015
I don't usually leave reviews but thought I should seeing as I oft benefit from reading other people's reviews.

I really enjoyed the first book and went ahead to purchase the second book in the series. While I found myself drawn to most of the secondary characters unfortunately I can not say the same for the love story between the lead characters. To be honest I found the bouncing back and forth of their emotions (i'm trying not to give any spoilers) to be quite irritating and in line with most love stories these days. The other aspects of the story line I found to be intriguing. This gets only 3 stars because while I am not chomping at the bit to buy the next instalment, I am curious to see where it goes (with the exception of the 'on again, confused again'romance between the lead characters ). A decent read.
on 1 April 2017
Loved the first book in the series so was really looking forward to this one. I did enjoy it, but felt it was a little too samey as the first. Several incidences in the book were similar if not identical to the first. Almost felt like this one was just filler in the longer series. Despite the martial arts I felt B wasn't quite so fiesty as before. Worth a read though.
on 8 December 2012
I really enjoyed the first book in the series and looked forward to reading this but I found this book disappointing. For me the main focus of the book was the developing realationship between Gio and B with the continuing story arc of B's father and the mysterious book took a distant 3rd place after a murder, the reason for which remains unexplained. I have bought book 3 but really I am in no rush to read it
on 27 November 2012
It is well written,and put together, the characters are brilliantly portrayed and very realistic if vampires were real, the romance, Is ‘beautifully done with a slow cadence that gradually hooks you there is no sex, but an old world cavalier sense of honour that is there at same time the realistic downside of vampires, showing them all in a different light, being like humans good bad or changed over time from bad to good as the hero is. Some things I don‘t like are her doc Martin boots, and way the vampires control humans, as there would be vampire hunters if that wore true, as am sure not everyone will succumb to the vampires m-ind control
on 1 March 2015
I loved this book/ series it did take me a bit to get into the first book but once I was just under half way through the first one I couldn't put it down and bought the rest of the books I would recommend them to anyone very good read 😊
on 24 June 2013
I LOVED this series of books from the first book to the last it was gripping, i bought one book after the other and slightly wanted to cry at the last book because one again i read them too quickly :(definitely a Must read!!! brilliantly written and the support characters.. just brilliant, these are books that will never be deleted from my kindle. waiting for another series similar to this from Elizabeth Hunter.
on 14 September 2015
I have cried, felt my heart break and cried tears of joy, from a book! Each character has its own identity, which doesn't change throughout the books, I love them all!
on 19 April 2014
I am really enjoying this series. unlike some stories I can put it down but it still holds your interest. Beatrice is a wonderful character who is becoming stronger with each new chapter. Looking forward to the next instalment.
on 13 January 2015
This is the second time that I have read these books and they are just as enjoyable as the first I read them, still know the story from the beginning to the end and still addictive.