• Customer Reviews

on 15 July 2014
Terrible. Really disappointed as had used this supplier before. Ink arrived and was marked with a sticker as Black Ink on the box but the box and the contents were of a tri coloured ink cartridge. I then looked at other reviews and this happened to a lot of other people who were also having subsequent problems with returns. I kept it as I will eventually use it but it was not what I ordered and paid for.
on 16 January 2015
cheap and arrived quick, seems to be the genuine product, ie not reconditioned or re-filled - i'd recommend it
on 23 August 2015
This item comes in both combinations of black cartridge and coloured cartridge. Black is best used to print out simple text as in letters whilst coloured are suitable for pictures and photographs when using photographic paper. I used this fir my HP printer and scanner machine as it is compatible with most of them as marked on the side of the packaging. I inserted this in my printer and it accepts it and prints out good quality documents without any flaws. You can get this product at a reduced price occasionally, so it is best to keep a good lookout and purchase it when the price is lower but the terms of value for money on Amazon is more or less the same compared to those on the high street, if you include the delivery charges. They don't charge delivery if all items brought costs £20 or more. Apart from this, item has been a good buy for me and I am happy to purchase this ink cartridges from Amazon any time.
on 15 January 2015
Delivered promptly; easy to install.good quality colour. My last order came from China, this one comes from France. Where will the next one come from?
on 4 June 2016
It does last considerably longer than the standard size cartridges and you do get what you pay for, but it is a little pricey. That seems to be the case with all original cartridges nowadays.

I've had bad experiences with the self-fill or re-manufactured and refurbished cartridges. With those, you have no assurances of the quality of the ink or the amount that it's been topped up by the seller. At least with the original sealed units, you can have faith that it is standardised and you also have recourse should it fail.

Using my printer for maybe 10-20 sheets of black printing every week, this product has lasted me 3 months so far, and it's still going. I suspect it may have to be replaced soon, but I will be buying the XL again, given its longevity.
on 13 August 2015
I recently upgraded to a HP Deskjet 1514 from a Canon Pixma MP280. I wish I'd stuck with Canon! But let's stick with the ink, not the printers...

The quality of the ink is not very good to say the least. I am printing on the highest quality setting and it's still grainy and pixellated in places. Really not impressed! (Again, I am contrasting with my previous experience with a lesser quality Canon printer/ink, which still produced better results!)

It also lasts all of five minutes. For an XL cartridge, I expected to get a LOT for my money. Not so! I'm currently printing my wedding invites - I only have 60 A4 colour pages to print. Not quite full colour, but quite colour rich. After printing about 20, the cartridge is half empty. The catridge before this (which was the sample one in the printer), run out at about the quarter full mark (according to the diagnostic tool on the HP software!), and ended up printing about 10 pages of streaky, lined prints - all these have gone to waste. Goodbye expensive cardstock... I'm dreading when this one runs out, whether it will do the same.

I wish I had never bought a HP, I wish I had stuck with Canon - now I'm stuck refilling with these rubbish cartridges as this is the printer I've got!
on 9 September 2014
I always have an HP printer and find it most satisfactory to use HP inks. I am currently printing family photographs to make an album so having ink available was rather an important issue, this twin pack was terrific value and the ink reliable as always.
Fantastic price for a genuine ink cartridge. Many places will sell this product for quite a lot of money but I am really impressed with the price here, also you can get ink cartridges which are not genuine and I have tried these in the past and have ran into problems as the quality of the print isn't there and the ink in the cartridge has dried out and made it useless. I have then had to do some cleaning and alignment procedures on the printer to get back to a good quality. Don't make the mistake of trying refillable alternatives or products which are not genuine!

If you appreciated my review then please click on the “helpful” button. If you are pondering clicking on the unhelpful button, please leave a comment or ask me a question before you do as I may be able to answer you or add further information to help you.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 March 2016
Arrived promptly and just what I needed.

I have been using HP 301 cartridges in my 3050A printer for a few years. I always have issues with the recycled ones so I tend to buy HP. The standard one prints around 60 pages whereas this one prints about 3x the amount. I would not say it is as much as 480 on the listing. The expiring date on the ink was x

It is the same dimensions as a normal 301 just has more ink inside. The set up is easy with a test page. I did not get any warnings about the cartridge on the screen. The quality of print is good.

In terms of value ink is not cheap but I think these offer better value than the standard 301 and I have had a look around and the current price is competitive.

Overall I am happy to recommend and I will buy again. Thank you for reading this I hope you found it useful.
on 28 August 2015
My HP Envy printer decided to only print text in a pale greyish blue. Colour prints came out missing the black content. The HP diagnostic software said the black cartridge had not run out and was working correctly and advised head cleaning and print alignment both of which I did with no result. I tried tweaking both the printer settings and Windows 10 settings to no avail. I then checked out HP help pages - next to useless, HP user forums - lots of people with the same problem but no solutions. Independent web site forums also had many reports of the same problem but no solutions. I decided to buy a new printer (any excuse to acquire a new gadget) but then thought why not get a new black cartridge it only cost £6 and try that? Ordered from Amazon arrived next day (thanks Prime) fitted it and HAPPY ENDING the printer has gone back to doing as it should.
I suspect I was lucky and that the original ink cartridge had developed a simple fault. Some of the printers owned by all those irate frustrated people out there perhaps have more fundamental problems. Why had they not tried a new cartridge? Perhaps they are Americans !!!