on 6 February 2013
I feel the product is great value for money, easy to build and has been very sturdy so far.

However it seems to be made for beginners/shorter people. I am 6ft 2 and I can't even use the leg attachment. The bench is quite low to the ground making it impossible for me to use the leg press properly. Similar can be said for the barbell holders. For me they are too low and close together. I can still bench press but it is rather awkward.

So if you are short (5ft8 and below) Id say it is an ideal piece of equipment but if you are taller it is rather awkward to use and the leg press is impossible.
on 26 August 2015
If you're desperate, go for it as a temporary means to an end, otherwise be patient and save up. Here's why...

This came really quickly which is okay, but the problems started as soon as I got it out of the flat packed box. The items parts were unlabelled unlike the screws and bolts, but this isn't too bad if you follow the illustrations in the instructions manual. Half the fittings were missing so I had to find adequate replacements at extra expense and effort. I didn't bother contacting the seller as others have done because I didn't see the point in waiting another 4+ days for something I could be motivated enough myself from the local department store. Still, if you're gonna sell something, make sure all the fittings are inluded, yes? Oh and make sure they are all the RIGHT ones, as not only were some of the items missing, they were also substitued with additional items that sometimes proved too big or too small. Not good.
The problem with the instructions manual is (and it could have been just my copy so bear this in mind, please), the print was very faded as if the printer was on its way out of ink. Another issue is the way the assembly has been explained, more so the explosive diagrams. They are too clustered and make looking at them headache inducing. Otherwise, the instructions are simplistic enough to follow, if a little confusing in sentence structure sometimes. There are a few punctuation typos as well, so bear that in mind.

Once assembled, I tested the bench and this is what I found:

The back board of the seat (the upright backrest you see in the product picture) is loose and there's nothing included to reduce the instability and the incline of the bench is actually a lot lower than it looks. Not good if you want to do seated shoulder presses or inclined deltoid rows. If you are over 5ft 5inch, I strongly advise you to get a different bench as I am exactly that height and I am too tall for it. This would do for guys and girls under 5"3".
The legs extension is useless and I am a lean female so for guys and girls with serious bulk it will be even worse. Heed this well. Additionally, laying flat on the declined bench for hamstring curls resulted in more tension in the calf than the hamstring which is utterly pointless The bar on which you place your calves for lifting is actually loose fitting and causes the bar and sponge pads to roll against your leg as you lift. For some this may be okay but for me it's a big no no as I don't get a full range of motion. The quadriceps bar is equally the same in opinion, except with the addition that I had to remove the topmost bar nearest the seat as my legs wouldn't fit under it comfortably enough to lift, and even when the bar was in place, found I couldn't get a full range of motion regardless. In regards to that, when lifting I got tension in the lower part of my quads than the top and only my outer quads at that. My inner quads didn't even get touched. Plus, I only felt tension at the peak of the lift. Remember, I am female so my legs are naturally smaller in mass to males, so if you can appreciate this then you will understand why I want you to steer clear. As for the weight plate bar, don't expect to be packing on too many plates as this only takes three 1inch thick plates. You can fit plates with a 1 and 2inch diameter hole onto the bar. The plate bar clip is pathetic. I've seen some shoddy clips but this one... Oh dear. *facepalm*. Just steer clear.

The barbell is just as bad. The supports are exactly where the hands would go on pick up and put down, but that's not the major issue, its just inconvenient and makes lifting it away from the support awkward. The major issue again is the backrest. I could not complete even a simple, starting ten reps due to the instability. The seat rocked side to side and at one point I swear I came close to falling off. The good thing about the barbell stand is the additional rods you get to secure the barbell or EZ bar in position so the plates can be changed safely and stores just so.

Honestly, I wish I had gone for a standard flat bench because this is just... *sigh*. Don't let impatience get the best of you here as it did me. Put the £40 towards a £100+ bench. It will be worth more than this.

On the upside, if - like me - you are impatient with saving and just want to get lifting, it will do you as you save more £££ to get the better bench. This bench will do for now, at least until I have my priorities straighten away in the mean time, but I will be replacing it with a higher quality and better functional bench.
on 5 January 2013
I recieved this item very quickly, and had it all set up in less than 15 minutes. With quick and easy to follow instructions, I had my home gym up and running. Very cheap for the item since these sort of things can be £100 +. If you're looking for a bench, I would recommend this.
on 25 November 2015
Perfect does what it says, it folds away neatly which is great for storage. Service second too none, the service team went out of there way to keep me happy, so id definitely rate them a 5 ***** excellent service and product no complaints thank you jess
on 3 March 2015
The issue here is that the numbers given on the bolts did not match the numbers on the instructions bit of a pain putting this together also some plastic bits put on incorrectly which broke when I tried to resolve it. Also the black bits on the legs were squashed in the box and not looking like they will pop out again.
on 3 March 2015
It does exactly what it was designed to do but hear is why I only gave it 3 stars. The two upright posts that hold the bar across are in the wrong place, they are positioned right were your hands need to be. This makes it difficult to use even for my 17 year old son.
on 30 May 2015
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT ! I had to give it a star otherwise I couldn't post the comment. Firstly the pack didn't come with right nuts and bolts,had to ring the company. But the main sticking point was the attachment for quad and hamstring exercises,they must be there for show as the first time I tried to use it my legs kept falling off. The cushion under the legs needs to be at least double the size. I was hopefully going to use this for my rehab for my leg,for extreme muscle wastage which I got after brain cancer. This product clearly states that it is for leg workouts,so it's not fit for purpose. I was never expecting it to be great,as I can barely lift much weight anyway. To be ripped off in this manner is disgraceful,I would pay to see one of the companies reps trying to do leg exercises on it. Anyway I rang the company,but it was the answer phone. I will let you know how they deal with the matter.
on 30 October 2014
Arrived very quickly and was fairly easy to assemble although the instructions were a tad too over complicated. Over all very pleased but BE AWARE if you are over 5'11 the bench will be too short for effective use.
Great piece of kit for us shorties.
on 18 April 2016
I can't say that I am seeing immediate results, because, to be honest, consistency has not been my fort. However, I am super happy with this purchase. At the beginning it was a matter of objection due to lack of room, but being stationed at the back garden, very well covered against rain or wind, it has proven to be a source of physical routine that have allowed me to be more alert and keener to work out. Assembly was not an issue at all. It took a couple of hours or so, since I had to do another chores, but following instructions carefully and with background music, it was an entertaining tasks to do. Its size is more than perfect for me that I am a petite person.
on 29 October 2015
I brought this product ten months ago so this review is tried and tested. This bench is a very good buy especially for the price. This is my first bench and it does everything I expected. The bench is sturdy and comfortable and I have confidence in the frame structure. If you are thinking of getting fitter and stronger this is a very good buy to start with, you won't be disappointed.