on 27 December 2012
If you are looking for a Kindle Fire fast charger - try the Original Samsung Charger & USB Data Cable For Galaxy S3 / S2 / Galaxy Note. Under half the price Amazon charges and does the job just the same.
1414 comments| 1,102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2013
5 stars for the Kindle Fire HD - it's brilliant, but I think we should have got a mains charger included.
I tried other chargers and it turns out that the charger for my Samsung Galaxy fits, and will charge the Kindle! Saved me a lot of money, so I hope it will save others a lot of money too. If you don't have a Samsung charger, they will be a lot cheaper to buy than this one. I hope this was helpful to some people :)
4242 comments| 1,303 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2012
I think this product should have come standard with Kindle Fire HD
Also this product was over priced at £17.99
77 comments| 913 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 November 2012
i love shopping from amazon and have just bought the kindle fire hd but couldnt believe it when i found no charger in the box, was even more shocked when i looked up the price of the charger how can they justifiy the price of 17.99 for this. this is just greed written all over it. shame on you amazon !!
77 comments| 738 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2012
Kindle fire hd is a fantastic piece of kit but to sell it without a mains charger then charge £17.99 for it after we have bought your product. Its not until you get it out of the box that you realize that theres no charger. Very crafty!!.
Come on amazon didnt you make enough millions last year??
From one disapointed customer.
44 comments| 352 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2012
Overpriced and really should come with the kindle, however if you have an iPhone or iPad then those chargers work perfectly on the kindle :-)
11 comment| 336 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2012
Is this really worth £17.99?????, A fiver would be too much.

Its appalling that this is not included as standard with the Kindle, its an essential item - not an optional extra!! Just a money making con - shame on you Amazon. Mobile phones aren't sold without charges or tvs without plugs and remotes, so why sell a Kindle without a charger?
66 comments| 458 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2012
I used this once and it stopped working. The prongs do not fold. It is ridiculosly over-priced. You can buy USB chargers that do the job for less than £5 on Amazon.
0Comment| 258 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 November 2012
Love amazon products, love my kindle fire hd, but this should have been in the box like I got with my kk. I realise the one from my kk will work but that isn't the point- not including it in the first place and then charging through the nose for it afterwards doesn't really create a positive customer experience.
1010 comments| 713 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 28 October 2012
As with all Amazon Kindle accessories on release, this is expensive for what it is - a perfectly functional accelerated charger.
Yes, it looks nice and shiny, good positive USB cable connection and it does charge my Kindle Fire HD much quicker than a generic e-reader / Blackberry charger or when it is attached to my PC by USB, so it is a must-have if charging time is precious to you, but I would have thought this item should be included in the basic kit with the Kindle.
..and as other reviewers have already alluded to, the UK version does not fold up for easier packing when travelling.
99 comments| 523 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse