TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 January 2016
It seems we have been over run with electronic devices now, but I have noticed many chargers grow exceptionally hot in use. After my son was burned when playing a tablet while plugged in, I became very worried about the thought of one catching fire while their phone, tablet etc... charges overnight. As I already owned one of these, I knew it did not over heat, charged very quickly and basically has no faults. I have started by throwing away the chargers which run hottest and am gradually replacing all with Amazon branded ones as I really feel Amazon is a name I can trust. And as an added plus, this is less expensive than some of the interior models we have purchased. I would no longer even consider any other brand.
on 10 July 2014
Angry. I bought this as my USB connecting cable to Kindle Fire needed replacing and I saw this one was available, offering a fast charge. I stupidly assumed it would include a cable. No such luck, I now realise Amazon expect me to sell out another £9.99 for that. So that means I've just paid £28 for the privilege of charging my Kindle. Paying, in fact, for a product which should come with the Kindle in the first place.

I am currently charging my Kindle using this with the old cable and it's only on half charge after 4 hours of charging. Feel ripped off.
on 9 March 2013
If you have a kindle I really recommend you get this to go with it. I use my Kindle a lot and would find it a real pain to have to plug it into the computer and leave it there for ages. The lead unplugs from the adapter and will go into a computer port so you can use it for loading you Kindle with music pictures etc from your computer. Pity it doesn't come with the Kindle in the first place.

Update
31st March

About a week ago my kindle stopped charging. I tried the charger in different sockets etc and after a process of elimination decided it was the charger at fault.

I didn't want to have to return it and wait for a replacement as charging through the computer in the meantime is so inconvenient. Eventually I found an option where Amazon can call you right away. Once I got to speak to someone the problem was solved. I was given credit to my account and bought a replacement which came the next day.
on 17 April 2013
I ordered this product for my Husband on next day delivery costing £6.66 extra, which I ordered on the 01/03/2013 I paid the extra delivery due to the fact that he was going in to hospital for a double Heart By-Pass and would be in for some time and it would allow him to use his Kindle Fire. This was not possible as the Adaptor never arrived until the 06/03/2013, which was obviously to late. As you would appreciate you cannot charge electrical items in Intensive Care as all sockets are for medical use only, so this was going to be for me to charge at home to make sure he had something to read. Thank you for your time.
on 22 December 2012
Some customers have commented that they use their old phone charger adapters to charge their kindle fire hd 7 but what they don't know is the kindle plug really does charge the kindle faster because I was using my iPod touch plug for the usb cable that comes with the kindle and it took longer to charge the kindle. So I bought the kindle plug and was surprised how faster it charged the device. I know the plug is expensive but it is worth every penny as far as I am concerned.
on 5 February 2017
Fantastic need to reorder one for my samsung 6s any recomendations with longer usb attachment any reasonable recomendations thanks
on 12 August 2015
I ordered this so I could charge my kindle quicker than the ordinary charger, but unfortunately found it takes nearly as long as my other charger. So consider this charger a waste of money, and would not recommend it.
I didn't want to use the old Kindle charger as that was white, so treated myself to the new black PowerFast charger to go with my new Kindle Paperwhite. Charges my Kindle super fast and works perfectly.

DELIGHTED!
on 23 July 2013
Bought for my mums kindle fire hd as that didnt come with a charger at all (didnt know that when I purchased). The charger itself is a faster than average charger and charges the kindle very fast. Think it also works for some smart phones as it works on my sony xperia which was useful when my charger broke. Really liked how quickly it charges.
on 27 May 2014
The plug unit is well made however the end where the adapter meets the cable is badly designed, the heat shrink used is poor quality and does not allow for much flex. As a result the charger now charges intermittently, more off than on sadly. About to attempt to return for a replacement.