on 4 December 2015
Foolishly I had tried cheaper cables but they all seemed to stop working, ie it took a very long time to charge my kindle, within a couple of months and on one occasion in a couple of weeks.
This cable is robust and with the kindle charging plug it will fully charge a kindle quickly, it even charges when playing games on it.
It may cost a little more than some cables but works out a lot cheaper because they last so much longer.
on 19 December 2017
Durable and extra long lead but it takes HOURS for the tablets to charge fully, even with all programs closed and in airplane mode. Frustrating when you need to charge 3 up each time.
on 19 November 2017
This was a replacement lead for my fire tablet and I wasn’t aware it would be a longer lead than the original lead my tablet came with. Very pleased at the extra length and good quality too
on 7 November 2015
I bought this cable and plug set as I've had them before and hey charge kindles faster

Why they don't come free is a question I ask!!...I know...as Amazon can charge you £30 on top of the £100 you've just paid

They will argue they keep kindle prices down by not including these...but as you need to charge a kindle they know you'll end up buying one any ways
2 people found this helpful
on 6 January 2017
Why is it, when I paid £10 for a POWER FAST charger for my Amazon Fire, that my Amazon Fire is telling me it's connected to a low-power charger???!!!! I could have bought a much cheaper one which probably would have done a better job. I hate being ripped off!!!
on 6 May 2017
It works and its alot longer than the one that comes with the Kindle fire, shame really that you don't get this actually with the Kindle hey... But can't fault this as an item.
on 7 June 2018
You can't go wrong with Amazon Basics. I've purchased several items from that line and never been disappointed. And this cable is no exception. Got this as the one I had for my Kindle Paperwhite had gotten loose and kept falling out. This cable is all you'd expect and a nice length which I appreciate. Highly recommended.
on 26 September 2017
This is worth paying the extra money for. It charges my kindle up quickly and is much more robust than some of the cheap 5 minute wonder ones I have bought in the past
on 10 August 2017
Good quality packaging, great quality lead, does exactly what it is meant to do! Short and sweet, but will defiantly last a lot longer than standard powerfast usb.
on 15 July 2017
Excellent item, works brilliantly.
I had to buy new one for kindle cos I dropped my kindle and snapped the cable, so that was my fault.
All good again now.