on 7 March 2013
Fabulous book and truly follows the flavour of Jane Austin and continues the story of Pride and Prejudice. The story just flows smoothly all the way through and I found it really hard to put down. I recommend it to all Austen fans and you won't be disappointed.
on 14 September 2012
While faithful to the content and style of Jane Austen, I was disappointed. There was so much repetition it was like it was written for someone who had never read Pride and Prejudice in the first place. It was good, but not one I would keep for rereading.
on 31 March 2013
The story would be interesting without being linked to Pride and Prejudice in fact I feel that it was somewhat constrained by having to work around the Darcy's and their associates. Without them I felt that the story could have expanded more.
on 31 July 2013
I chose this book as I know the bbc are making a drama based on it. I liked the premise and development of the characters (but still staying to the original text) the only thing I day is that it lacked action and a bit too much description.
on 2 December 2011
Oh, I had hoped this would be a good read; but it reads like a first draft. Far too much 'Darcy said', 'Elizabeth said', 'Darcy said', and on the whole you spend more time inside the agonised heads of other characters than you ever spend in Lizzy's. And - for me this is the biggest problem - though it is set in 1803, all of a sudden there's a passing reference to Anne Elliott from 'Persuasion' (which begins in the sumer of 1814!), already married to the dashing Frederick Wentworth. Nice to know he made Admiral, though....
on 9 January 2016