on 30 December 2016
I ordered this and it arrived very quickly as usual with Amazon prime. The packaging was a bit over the top but better that than a damaged product. However once that I tried to charge the battery it turned out that it couldn't be charged. The manufacture date was 26 September 2016. The product serial number was identical to my old battery. I got a replacement with the same manufacture date and again placed it in the phone and tried to charge. This time the screen wouldn't even come on 18 hours after the battery had been put on charge. Naturally at this point I decided that things are going from bad to worse. As such I requested a refund rather than going for third time lucky. I guess I'll just have to live with the old battery for a little longer until I finally decide I need a new phone.

Very disappointed with Samsung, as these do look like genuine Samsung batteries. This lack of quality control, even for an old product, doesn't inspire much faith in their newer products where you cannot change the battery in some cases.
on 28 November 2012
The battery works fine and the battery management software I use on my smartphone (Galaxy Nexus) define it as good health battery.
The original battery I have it's produced in China, this one in Korea...

Also, they define the product as OEM but it doesn't have NFC!!
The original battery (with the same product code) have the NFC feature (this is installed in the battery for the most of the phones as the galaxy Nexus) so I'm really disappointed with this product.
I don't use NFC very often so I hadn't realized this problem for almost one year!

So, a decent replacement battery, but it worth to spend something more to get a better product
7 people found this helpful
on 25 July 2012
I was *very* skeptical about a battery at this price (especially as others are asking 3x the price), but this is really 100% the same as what shipped with my Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus phone. No special back cover needed, and it includes NFC. Exactly the same capacity 1750mAh, 6.48Wh @ 3.7V.
Very happy with the product.
15 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 15 August 2014
Bought this on 13th June 2013, and its been a good battery for a year but...
I did notice it lost charge faster than the original.

Now just a year on, and the battery is playing up - it lasts about 4 hours and is empty.
I have factory reset my phone to be sure it is the battery and not an app.

The original batter is still running strong - it still gives me a full day, but as i dropped it in water I thought it best to replace.
One person found this helpful
on 25 September 2014
The first battery I received had obvious useage marks and dirt on it. But the real problem was that the battery was really weak and was dated 2011.
I emailed the seller (Glitzy Gizmos) and told them about it, they tried to hose me with stuff like "the cells first need to adjust themselves and that they are dirty because they are regularly charged in storage". That's not true in my opinion.
But fair enough they replaced them.
The second battery was barely better and still had an old date on it an scratch marks. I don't mind the look of it at all but the battery was nowhere near as powerful as when I got my phone and it had a new battery.
I think they might be just selling used batteries from old broken phones.
So, well they tried to be nice but their explanations are just absurd. Not satisfied with the battery at all :(
One person found this helpful
on 8 November 2012
I bought one of these to allow me to spend more time with my phone, and less time worrying about plugging it in! This is a genuine battery, identical to the battery that came with my phone, so includes NFC, and doesn't need a different back. Does what it says on the tin... doubles my time away from the plug! Also worth buying the "Samsung Battery Charger Stand without Battery for Galaxy Nexus" to go with this, so you can charge the spare battery at the same time as using your phone, or charge both.
on 11 September 2015
This seems to be the real battery and it looks new, however, there is no way to know it for sure if it has been used before as it doesn't come with the original packaging; instead, it comes within a plastic bag.

I bought it because my original battery was starting to last very little. This one lasts a bit longer, although not a lot, but at least now I have a spare and can swap when one of them is depleted.
on 10 June 2017
Lasted 5 months, but even during that time it never managed to hold a full charge. Battery Manufacturing date 2012. Alternative suppliers battery purchased one year earlier is still fine, but I need a spare.
on 29 January 2018
Yup – the genuine article. It's working just fine.
on 25 September 2016
This battery does NOT fit the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, it's too thick so the back cover will not fit with this battery installed.