Customer reviews

on 16 December 2013
At least I hope its the start of a series, I have looked and there are no more yet but to me it reads as though its not a stand alone book.I thought there were some great characters especially Sydney and her work partner and I liked the pace and occasional glimpses of humour.I've been to Toronto and it was nice to remember some of the names of places like Cabbage Town .I thought the pace of the book was great and to me it seemed to be setting the scene for more adventures, I certainly hope so anyway.
on 7 February 2012
Wow what a great book!! I downloaded this one as it was free and was pleasently surprised, especially as romance is my usual cup of tea! It focuses on several murders and trying to figure out the links between all three of them. The descriptions in areas were brilliantly written, creating a very dark mood around the murders and not making them a light topic, which helps to create the right atmosphere and make it all seem a lot more believable. I'm not sure why Sydney's partner Mikes gran is thrown in, I guess to make the characters seem more human, but overall it was an excellent read and not a long one. It turns out the murderer is someone you least suspect which is also brilliant as you can see how the trail develops properly and aren't influenced by other 'potential' suspects. I would highly recommend this book - but would disagree with the description of it being 'fun' unless I take the idea of murder a little too seriously......
on 27 December 2012
Got this when it was free, thought i would give it a try, found i loved it! found the story fast paced and really engaging, the characters where very easy to like. would definitely recommend this to anyone liking police & crime books!
on 24 August 2013
A short entertaining story which races along at a good pace. Well written with some interesting characters, some others not so interesting who added nothing to the story. A good twist at the end which was not obvious at the beginning. I will look for some more stories by this author.
on 2 September 2013
A FANTASTIC READ, WELL WRITTEN, SUPERB PLOT, COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. WELL WORTH READING, AND WORTH THE 5 STAR RATING I HAVE GIVEN IT WELL RECOMMENDED.
on 21 December 2011
I took to this e book with ease. I tested the sample, loved it and downloaded the full works. It's fast paced and well written. One of those stories you don't want to end. Patricia has created a well defined MC in Sydney and I love the banter between her and working partner, Mike. It makes for a great professional relationship. I loved the mention of streets and areas of Toronto where the story is set, as I recognise them from holidays there. I look forward to the next Sydney Granger Mystery. Bring it on Patricia.:-)
on 20 November 2013
Not sure what the author was trying to achieve here. Disappointing unrealistic and somewhat naive plot. What more can I say!
on 10 November 2013
This book is a book for people who like to be kept on the edge of their seats. A must to read.
on 9 August 2014