on 5 May 2010
Very good quick read, just under 200 pages. Introduces the weather systems and all its components i.e. ways of forecasting, measuring and relating to weather in our every day lives. Does what its supposed to, informs well on how the weather works but not too an unbelievably difficult extent- simple language used. Definately recommended!
on 7 July 2011
Quite interesting but a little bit too basic. It told you about different weather patterns but didnt really explain why. If you are looking for a book to explain the whys and hows of different weather conditions I wouldnt really recommend this book. Good price and ok as a quick read though.
on 15 January 2013
This is a well-written little book which presents pretty basic meteorological facts concisely and in a friendly manner. A scientific book it ain't, but I have enjoyed reading it and admit to having learned quite a few useful facts. It is also good value at the price.
on 10 February 2010
Great book, great service. I would recomend to anyone who is looking to learn a bit about the weather. This was purchased as I got a weather station for Christmas so it gave me the background to that
on 12 February 2011
Bought this book along with another weather book as our children were doing a project about it. This is very interesting and can be picked up and put down whenever without missing the point.Lots of little nuggets of information to keep you interested. Not so suitable for younger readers.
on 26 December 2013
children under 11 would enjoy the book. Less of a gripping read for adults. I found the explanations over simplified and having read an explanation I turned the page expecting the book to then build on what had been outlined but this element is at best present in the lightest and broadest terms.
on 6 September 2013
What could be better than talking about the weather? Why, reading a book about it, of course! In simplified language, we read here about various types of weather phenomenon, including wind, rain, clouds and how these things are formed. You also get info on how to do various experiments. All in all, a good read.
on 18 December 2013
For those who want to know all about the weather this miscellany is a delightful introduction. We talk about it a lot in England, so at least Diana's book gives a little bit of authority on why it does what it does. Really enjoyable.
on 16 May 2013
Not a complicated book but interesting, written by someone who clearly loves the subject. A good introduction to the weather.
on 26 March 2013
Was a litlle bit disapppointed with this book, it seems to be written for kids. I was hoping for something a little more in-depth. I purchased it because I have just taken up Kitesurfing and wanted to learn about wind in particular. Like I said, a good introduction but I will have to look for a more scientific in-depth book for my needs!