Customer reviews

Super Natural Every Day
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.59

on 13 July 2015
I love Heidi Swanson. I would count her among my inspirations who cheer up vegetarian cooking. However after trying a few recipes in this book I decided to stick with Heidi's blog (101 cookbooks). The book seem to offer more subtle (in some cases dull) versions of recipes posted in the blog. For instance the black bean salad recipe on the blog contains more ingredients and is more delicious. So is the week night curry. If you are a Heidi fan and want to see what is on the book, then go for it. Otherwise you won't lose anything by sticking to 101 cookbooks
3 people found this helpful
on 25 August 2015
Great looking, good veggie recipes and a nice tone makes this book really enjoyable. Takes me back to a fab holiday in San Francisco too, so good all around.
on 5 January 2014
Great vegetarian cookbook for those interested in healthy eating
Good introductory pieces from the author for each dish, giving advise to changes that can be made for each recipe
The recipes are wholesome with a good use of legumes, vegetables, soy products, grains etc
One person found this helpful
on 20 January 2013
Great book, unusual, healthy and tasty dishes. Recipes easy to follow though require a bit of effort, but are worth it.
on 1 January 2013
Love it, It is what I expected. great cook book. nice recepies, beautiful pictures. Love it . Tried a lot of them already
on 12 May 2012
Love this book. The pictures are amazing. (I'm a keen photographer so I really appreciate the style in which the pictures are taken). The recipes are easy to follow and look mouthwatering. I'm slowly working my way through the recipes and everything I've tried so far was a success. If you're into a kind of rustic-natural way of cooking then I highly recommend this book. Well done Heidi.
One person found this helpful
on 12 September 2012
I've done a review of this book some time ago and I wasn't truly fair about it.
I do like it and I've used it several times by now. The recipes are nice, yummy and honest.
The bulgur wheat and coconut porridge was delicious and so was the white bean, cabbage and parmesan salad. The yogurt and spelt biscuits are the yummiest and so are the oat bran muffins.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
2 people found this helpful
on 6 April 2012
I think I was just a little underwhelmed with this cook book. Most of the recipes are ones I would cobble together anyway from ingredients in my store cupboard. They didn't seem to me to be super-healthy or super-natural, apart from the fact that they are vegetarian. One of the recipes uses shop-bought ravioli which I thought rather odd.

My main gripe is that there really weren't very many recipes in this book. There are lots of nice photos of scenery and quite a few of the finished dishes (though it's not clear which is which as they aren't labelled) but when it comes down to finding a recipe for a meal, I found that there just weren't that many to choose from. There were quite a few salads, snacks and soups, but not much else. To be honest, a number of the recipes felt like they were padding the book out - there was a recipe for one poached egg, another for more than one poached egg (!) and a recipe for lemonade shandy and another for iced tea (tea leaves, water, ice)...

I like the book's ethos and a few of the recipes have been delicious to eat (and inexpensive to cook) but I really don't feel that the total content justifies the purchase price of this book.
38 people found this helpful
on 10 June 2013
As a cookery book for whole foods and organic, vegetarian cooking, this is inspirational. The instructions are clear and the pages really well laid out to make everything easy to follow.
on 2 January 2016
I have been following Heidi's blog for several years and I have all her books as well. The recipies are amazing, easy to put together and the results never disappoint you.