on 15 April 2012
I needed a USB 3.0 card for my external hdd but did not want to pay a lot for it. This is great value, I've done a speed test for you using this card and uploaded it
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 August 2012
The card works just fine. I advise fitting the Molex power cable to the card BEFORE installing it.

A driver install disc is supplied - and needed. Just click on setup.exe if it doesn't autorun.

NB - Power cable is not supplied.
on 26 January 2012
reached 3 times faster than that of USB 2.0. on my setup,easy installation,you need a Standard 4-pin power connector,up to press it works like a charm,and it is selling at a good price,all in all a good buy.

update
this Anker USB 3.0 PCI express card crapped out on me two months later would not work at all, went straight in the dustbin, have to drop it's rating. two stars only be cause it worked great until it died.
on 17 November 2012
As others have said, this performs very well. You need to install the driver which comes on the enclosed disk. Worked first time on win7 for me. You will also need a power lead - I used this one to connect to a spare sata connector:

Akasa AK-CBPW03-15 SATA PSU Power to 4 Pin Molex Connector Adaptor

If you don't have SATA, you may have a spare molex connector lead from your PSU. At any rate, the PCB has a 4 pin molex female connector on board so that's what you need to connect to.
on 15 August 2013
Too bad I was a little hesitated to buy this card because I really need a USB 3.0 extension card. Without reading the review of the other customers, I bought this card which gives me a nightmare. This card just does not work at all. Like other customer who bought this card, your PC will crash and get a Blue Screen Of Dead. Try to find any solution online, but there is none. Just don't buy it. Update your motherboard instead which give you much better result. Don't fall for the low price tag. I'm going return this Item tomorrow.

Update:
Even though I am a little disappointed with this card. But I have to say the customer service of Anker is really great and satisfying. Two days after I wrote the comments on Amazon I was contacted by the customer service of Anker and they've tried to help me to solve the problem. They are willing to send me a replacement of the card for free and now I am waiting for the new card which hopefully will work this time. I've properly received a faulty card just like other customer did. I will give a 5 star to the great service from the customer service (Sunnie).
on 26 July 2012
Product arrived today installed it into my Windows 7 system and installed the driver software. It worked first time with no problems.
Rate this product 4/5 and would recommend it
on 6 April 2013
Prompt delivery of product. Had an initial issue with the card not functioning properly. It appears that you HAVE to use one of the eSata cable to provide power rather than a stratight molex to molex. The cable is supplied but no mention that a molex to molex won't work.

Good value for money and would use seller again.

update: 5 months later my PC suddenely stopped going into sleep mode....removed all attached devices to no avail. Even did a complete new install of Windows 7 and again same issue. Turns out it is the Anker card that is the root of the problem, removed the card and all is working fine. Luckiy I had an image of my original windows install and with the card removed works fine. Very dissapointed as after the initial issue with drives going missing which I narrowed down to a driver issue for the card to then fail after a few months is another nail in the coffin.
on 15 January 2013
Although there were no instructions the card was easy to fit however it was not recognised by my windows 7 64 bit system using the supplied drivers. Tried updated drivers but still no good. Returned for a refund and tried another Chinese card which failed as well. Bought a Belkin card which was fine but more expensive.
on 29 May 2013
I actually shopped around for what I thought was the best USB 3.0 card I could find. As a rule, these things are the most boring addition you can make to a computer. But I at least expected it to work.

I'm not going to boast but my rig is god damned perfect. There's no reason why this card shouldn't work with it. But it doesn't. There's power there, but the drivers are telling me the card doesn't exist - and Windows agrees. It's allowing 'some' power to devices I plug into it, but not enough to actually get them going, and that's both with and without the 4-pin power plugged in.

Looking at the reviews, it looks like *most* of these work, and work well, but the one I've been sent doesn't, and I'll be going elsewhere for a replacement.
on 16 December 2012
I regret to inform you that I have been unable to fit the USB3 card successfully.I have inserted quite a number of PC cards over the last 10 years and this is the first time I have been unsuccessful.

However hard I tried I was unable to push the card fully home, so that I could not start the fixing screw at the rear. Irrespective of that, the card, inserted as far as it would go, prevented the computer from starting.

I modified the card by cutting off the lug that ensures it is correctly located in its slot, because I thought it was fouling. That proved not to be the case.

I have accepted the fact that the card is a write off.

Walter Steiner
88 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse