Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(1 star). See all 494 reviews
on 28 April 2017
Cd arrived however casing is smashed and was bought as gift.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2011
Just after Amy's death, her father said that she had recorded a number of songs that could form a new album. He said she would not have released them because she felt they were not up to standard. He believed they were and indicated that this new album would be forthcoming. As her father, I suppose its understandable that these tracks only sounded good to him. Sadly, parental bias aside, this is a poor album. As another reviewer said, its essentially demo tracks and even run throughs. Amy would hate it and rightly so. If you haven't bought it, don't. Instead curl up with Frank or Back to Black and enjoy.
on 10 December 2011
I'm sure amy would not ever let this album get released if she was still with us. Its just incredibly dull and lacking in the usual winehouse soul. The track "our day will come" is a real disappointment as i'm a big fan of the heptones version (which has been ripped off here) but amy's vocals are totally soulless. Overall a real disappointment.
on 23 July 2014
No, did not enjoy at all. nowhere as good as earlier material, sorry.
on 24 August 2014
Not what I was expecting, I preferred her chart hits
on 17 August 2015
Enjoyable but I prefer Back to Black
on 29 December 2011
I am a huge Amy Winehouse fan, seen her live, got all her stuff - so I bought this. However it is terrible. In some cases they seem to have taken the vocal from an existing take of something already released and then fiddled around with the backing music to make it sound like a new track. In a couple of cases it seems obvious to me that this vocal was not originally sung over this music, it doesn't fit, it doesn't scan. The producers seem to have fished out every rough run through and out-take they can find and have cobbled together something to release. If I was being very cynical I would suggest that somebody is trying to screw the very last few quid out of the Amy Winehouse name before her memory fades too much (Which, in my mind it will never do). However, I loved Amy and I'm feeling generous so, in the hope that all the money will actually end up in the Amy Winehouse foundation I will not ask for my nine quid back. Absolutely gutted.
33 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 November 2015
Amy is not singing here, this is a scam, you see her photo in the cover and all over the product but someone else is singing. Do not by this product if you are looking for an Amy Winehouse long play.
on 28 December 2014
45 RPM Warning
on 6 December 2011
Shame. I feel Amy's estate is profiteering from our love of her by releasing inferior work that is sure to sell because it carries her name. Called Lioness I expected the usual Amy fire, but from this CD it is obvious that any work that was stored was because she did not consider it good enough to release. I did not expect repeats of already published tracks, in both cases earlier versions made before before her albums were released, by which time she had altered them to the high standard we have expected of her music. What a sad epitaph to an amazing musician, I am so disappointed.
55 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse