on 12 December 2016
I haven't been as captivated by an author since reading the novels of Stig Larson. I love the way Camila Lackberg builds up the characters slowly at first and then as they gradually take form and presence I can almost see and touch them. I invite them into my mind and watch them unfold their narratives with complex dances and missteps and intricately woven patterns.Erica and Patrick struggle and think and work their way to untangling the threads of each problem with the kind of patience and determination needed when the tree lights are unearthed at Christmas. But shock horror at the end of this most exciting story. I can barely comprehend the cliff hanger presented near the conclusion of some fine detective work. One shock I came close to predicting but the other......OMG double shock..... can I bear to read the next book? I think I had better download it immediately. I hope my husband will understand why there is no dinner tonight. I just have to read. It's imperative I find out what happens next.
on 11 May 2015
This is the 6th book in the series and by far the best. I love the way She uses 2 stories, past & present to tell the tale, much like another great Swedish Author Johan Theorin. There were moments in the story from the past that I found hard to read due to the graphic and disturbing nature of the plot. Still this another great book that I couldn't put down. Loved it. But OMG the ending. Camilla how dare you!!!
on 1 August 2015
Oh no! I have run out of books in this series to read. I really enjoyed this book although it did leave me wondering on one or two points. I can only assume that, as with previous books, the loose ends will be addressed in the next book. Can't wait until I see the next in this series up for sale.
on 27 December 2013
I have all of Camilla Lackberg's 'Patrick Hedstrom' series to date, and once I start reading them, I can never put them down. Always lots of twists and turns which keep you guessing, and I can never wait for the next one. I just wish it didn't take so long to get them translated into English.
on 1 April 2017
Was slightly disappointed the ending of this book.
on 18 April 2013
Found this book to be as good and hard to put down as all others of her authorship. Have read all of the Hedstrom books in English and hope there wil be others soon
on 3 November 2013
Five stars once again excellent read from the start to finish definitely recommend it to my friends and hopefully they enjoy it also
on 4 April 2013
Camilla Lackberg offers another couple of stories full of Northern European killings and dark secrets. An excellent was to pass a dark evening. Would recommend
on 21 April 2017
I really enjoyed this book! Lots of twists and turns, I found this book hard to put down. I like the fact that Camilla Lackberg focuses on emotions and how people feel and the story unfolds as we look into Patrick and Erica's family life. The author does not give just a crime thriller from a detective's perspective but focuses on the human side of the characters, too.
I did not know this is no6 of the series and the Greek edition of the books have different titles which do not match with the English ones so although I had read the first 3 in a row, I now have to go back to no4!!
on 13 June 2017
I was loving this book and was completely drawn into discovering who had been sending a group of male friends threatening letters and then starting to harm and kill them. The book followed the usual pattern of going back and forth in time, alongside developments in the main characters lives.

I was totally engrossed and wanted to discover who was sending the letters etc. The answer was rushed and a poorly developed conclusion. The most disappointing book in this series so far. However, I have the next book ready and waiting and will just hope that it's better.