on 15 June 2012
I wanted to upgrade my PC as the motherboard and processor were about 5 years old.
I spent three months on and off checking up on motherboards, memory, cpu's, and cpu fans.

I found a motherboard capable of 32 Gb of ram, although I did not want that much right away.
I also found the Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengenace 16GB 1600MHz CL10 DDR3 Memory Two Module Kit.
Although I had never used Corsair before, the many write ups that I read said they were good.

The two module 16GB was also perfect as it used only two of the four memory slots on the MB. This will allow me to get a second identical kit later when I am ready to upgrade and increase the Ram.

The PC is running extremely well, and I no longer have to click and wait for something to happen. Now it is click and the next page, program, or whatever I am doing is there. I am not a gamer. I use the PC to manage an online company, run support and write not only articles but websites using code not page makers, and the memory combined with the processor( an i7) and motherboard make a fantastic difference to production.

So this memory is not just for gamers it is great for all users of PCs.
55 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2013
before buying these make sure your cpu will run 1600mhz, most AMD cpu are only happy running 1333mhz, following crashes of PC it took a while and some homework to find out that they needed to be clocked down on motherboard from 16oomhz to 1333mhz, after this everything has worked fine and no more problems to date.
on 20 June 2016
all good
on 20 June 2013
Mine works well. I hear some people have had issues but mine is good. I do GIS, Photoshop and HD gaming and have been getting along nicely. Would recommend.
on 27 January 2013
Impressive. Very good price, literally perfect condition, plugged in and just worked!
Only complaint is the heat sinks overly large.
on 23 March 2015
Arrived right on time, works great, No problems so far
VINE VOICEon 23 August 2014
I have always used corsair memory without any problems and so when it came time to upgrade it was a no brainer for me to pick them again. This set of three sticks worked perfectly in my Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard at the full 2000MHz when running at stock speeds. However when overclocking my PC they refused to work at 1914MHz which is odd but maybe more to do with the motherboard and it's age than this memory. At the moment I am running them at 1531MHz but have been able to speed up the timings to 9-9-9-26-1N.

I also still have my old Corsair Airflow 2 Fan from a previous kit and was pleased to find that it fits over these modules perfectly, which was a nice surprise.
on 5 January 2013
I recently bought this RAM to upgrade my existing system from 8GB to 16GB in order to run multiple VMs at the same time. I have always had Corsair RAM as it has never let me down and these sticks were no exception. Simply dropped them into the motherboard and rebooted. RAM detected with no problems and working just as I expected - perfect.

I had been looking at a RAM upgrade for some time and decided to buy now before prices start to creep back up. That said, getting this RAM for < £60 delivered when all the other major on-line retailers are selling it between £75 and £80 + p&p is an absolute steal.

One area to pay attention is the RAM heat sinks as they are quite large and if you have a CPU cooler that overhangs your RAM slots on the motherboard you may have issues getting these sticks to fit. In that case, just look out for the low profile version as they are the same as this but a much smaller height for those who don't have the luxury of space around their RAM slots on their motherboard.

Usual great service from Amazon as well - Thanks
on 28 February 2013
this ram is super fast, they are build for gaming , video editing, or any heavy computer programming.
Im using these with Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0),
Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti Nvidia Graphics Card (1GB GDDR5, HDMI, VGA, 2x Dual-link DVI-D, PCI Express 3.0, OpenGL 4.3, GPU Tweak, DIGI+ VRM with Super Alloy Power Technology)
and my motherboard is Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-D3H Motherboard.
VINE VOICEon 27 April 2013
I have these DIMMS running in an Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard (Socket 1155, 32GB DDR3 Support, ATX, PCI-Express 3.0, USB 3.0, Asus Wi-Fi Go Remote, SLI/CrossFireX Support, Dual Intelligent Processors 3) with an Intel 3rd Generation Core i7-3770K CPU (4 x 3.50GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 8Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0) and the result is a blisteringly fast system. Two things to remember: 1. Whilst the fitted heatsinks are a nice touch, they won't fit underneath a monster CPU cooler - you need the low-profile version if you're fitting something bigger than the Intel-supplied CPU cooler. 2. If you're running a 32-bit OS, these DIMMS will be a waste of money, as 32-bit versions of Windows can only see a maximum of 4GB of RAM (you need a 64-bit version of Windows).