on 27 March 2013
My granddaughter absolutely loves these books, as she has Tudor mania. Not sure how and why the Victoria volume got into this collection, since the series has several other fictional diaries set in Tudor times, any of which would make up the set more appropriately - most obviously, "To Kill a Queen", which covers the plots against Elizabeth. However, buying the set was still great value in relation to the price of single novels, even though we already had the Anne Boleyn book. The prose varies from workaday to quite polished, but the real point is the story of the Tudor monarchy that they give to a young reader - an excellent way to absorb history painlessly. Although this set is very female-oriented, it still attracted boy readers when taken to school, and there are other books about the Armada, etc. in the series. It would be great if the publisher put together a more widely appealing set, including some of these other Tudor novels.
on 3 February 2013
This book set was a Christmas gift for my grand-daughter. She has read two of the books and is very pleased with them. Excellent value for money. I would recommend them to any young girl who loves reading and history.
on 21 January 2014
Prompt delivery, and exactly as stated. My 11 year old daughter really enjoys these books and has already read two of them in two weeks.
on 3 December 2015
Amazing quick delivery My little girl will enjoy her Christmas with these
on 18 May 2016
Bought as a gift for 10 year old girl, she really enjoyed them.
on 22 December 2013
I was really excited about purchasing these books, the titles looked like they would complement our home education journey, in particular for my 9 year old daughter. However, something urged me to "Look Inside" one of the titles and I was shocked to see that one of the charecter's has been called "Allah". This is repeated a number of times within the story and I would have thought more research and greater empathy with other religions, cultures and lifestyles would have been displayed by the author ( considering she is representing this within the series). It had put me off buying the whole series!!
on 12 January 2015
quick service - perfect
on 19 November 2013
In this collection, the book 'Victoria' has a character 'Allah', which is the term Muslims give to God, indicating His Oneness. I find it incredible that a book, particularly a children's book, could be published with this kind of gros error. We are concerned about any other sacrilegious content this series may have, (to either the Muslim faith or others), and will be avoiding what we had previously thought was a respectable, 'living-book', history curriculum.