on 10 February 2012
Had this polisher a few days now and I am highly delighted with it. It has brought my kitchen floor tiles back to their original shine and it is so easy to use. I have bad knees (so kneeling to clean and polish my kitchen floor is difficult. I also have limited use in my left shoulder and cannot lift heavy items) so my hubby tends to wash and polish the floor for me. This polisher now means I can do the floor myself and save hubby's knees. It is lightweight (but not too lightweight), easy to move around and very compact for storage. I have a fairly large kitchen but this is a nice size (not bulky) and suitable for either large or small areas. You do not need a degree to put it together or to be able to use it and the instructions are clear and concise. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who wishes to have a nice shine on their floors. Delivery also was very speedy.
11 Comment| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 April 2013
We read a few mixed reviews about this polisher so were a bit worried if we had made the right decision.

As usual it arrived the next day, fantastic Amazon service.

We unpacked the machine and it is all nicely put together, good quality materials and well finished. The lead is very long which is handy, the handle folds to give you two options of use and also brakes down into two parts for compact storage.

It is a bit smaller than I expected but that makes it easy to use and very manoeuvrable. Some comments have been that its too light to polish properly but we did not find that was a problem. We got it for our terracotta tiles which are very uneven and it worked fine so I am sure it would be OK on a more flat surface.

It has two rotating heads and comes with two scrubbing brush attachments, two polish application pads and two soft polishing pads. For us (very uneven floor) the scrubbing brushes did not do much, but again may be OK on smooth floors. The other pads worked well but for larger areas you may find it useful to have a spare set as the polishing pads in particular will need washing, so to save you waiting for them to dry a spare pair would be good. The spare pads are a bit pricey, I think, so wait until you get the machine and see how you get on. The polishing pads are made from microfiber cloth and attach to the velcro discs so we are going to make our own.

Overall we are really pleased with this polisher, it's compact, lightweight, and easy to use which means it will get used much more often. We were hiring one each time so about three uses and its paid for itself.

The other model we considered was the Karcher, which is bigger and has three heads but it is over twice the price of this one and I don't think we would see any difference for what we need.
11 Comment| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 November 2014
The single best thing I have bought this year! I love it. We bought a house with a 90 year old oak floor that had been badly looked after. We did not want to sand it and strip it while we were having building work done but did need something to clean and tidy it up. I used this with an intense floor cleaner and WOW! I was amazed and the difference. I now use it every week for cleaning and it really does the job with minimum effort. My mum says she wants one. For the price it was amazing and have used it to put top up Danish oil on the floor as well, simply brilliant!
on 9 August 2012
Brilliant! Living in an old house with many solid oak floors - it's made life so much easier.... and the floors have never looked so good. Effective and so easy to use. I love it! You will need to purchase spare microfibre pads - as they do absorb the wax floor polish and therefore need to be swapped and washed very frequently, in order to get the best finish.
on 28 May 2012
a small but very useful polisher that has transformed my terracotta tiles without crawling on the floor excellent value for money.
on 29 January 2012
This floor polisher does what it says on the tin, it is very lightweight and easy to use. I have a polished black granite kitchen floor which can look "cloudy" when washed, but this machine makes it look clean and glossy. I have also used it on laminate and it works a treat . It really has taken the hard work out of floor cleaning ( and I am a bit OCD about my kitchen floor!). It is compact to store as well, so an all round good buy.
22 Comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 October 2013
I was a bit disappointed when I first received this product because, used dry, it seemed to make very little difference. I bought some polish (Pledge floor polish). I have a lot of laminate and thought that it would probably take the whole bottle to polish them all even once. However, I was pleasantly surprised. With a small quantity of polish, the machine brought the scratched floors up to a pleasant shine and smears were removed.I have two dogs, so my floors take a hammering. I suspect that another going over will make things even better. The polisher is very light, which makes it easy to use but because the discs only rotate in one direction, it does have a mind of its own about which direction to go in. I found it gave quick results and is a great way to polish a large expanse of floor easily.I'm very pleased to have such good results at such a cheap price.
on 6 September 2012
Purchased this to try out on laminate floors and was pleased with the performance.The wife reckons its much easier than elbow grease and with better results. Only down side is overpricing of replacement polishing pads
on 10 January 2014
I was really pleased with this polisher until I went to buy replacement pads. None anywhere and Ewbank have ignored two e-mails about when they will be in. I hate doing bad reviews but this has upset me.
on 12 April 2012
Ewbank FP160UKR Lightweight Floor Polisher

This floor polisher is absolutely fantastic, I really cant get over how good it is. I have porcelain tiles on the floor in the kitchen and bathroom and its always been a hands and knees job to keep it looking shiny and polished without smears or watermarks. I initially tried a steam cleaner hoping this would solve my problem but it didnt, it just over wet the floors and made them smear. I saw the other 2 reviews of the Ewbank Floor Polisher and decided to give it a go. It is perfect really, leaves the floors smear free, highly polished and it is so easy to use. I am really thrilled with my purchase and would never be without this now.
44 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse