on 30 April 2017
Last year I broke out in psoriasis for the first time. I had thick, cracked, weeping scales covering 80% of my scalp that even caused me immense pain when only washing with water. I spent over £100 trying different shampoos that only made it worse.
I was given steroids & this shampoo from my GP & it cleared up within 3 weeks. I ran out of this shampoo & stopped the steroids, my psoriasis came back with a vengeance. I went back onto the steroids 4 weeks ago & i wasn't seeing any improvement whatsoever.
I ordered this shampoo again in desperation & after one wash all the red weeping patches on my scalp are nearly gone. I think I've found my miracle product & it does feel like a miracle after trying at least 15 other medicated shampoos
0Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 December 2017
Doesn't work as well as standard anti-dandruff shampoo (e.g. H & S) for me. Leaves hair very dry after use - not really a problem for me if it works. But after a few weeks of using it fairly regularly, I haven't seen any improvement. I have had better results from standard brands previously.
on 25 November 2017
I only got this on Thursday and since then I've used it twice. I am very happy with this shampoo so far. I got instant relief from the first wash. I do not however shampoo twice as per-instructions as I find just shampooing once is ample (for me). The only side effects for me thus far is a red blotchy face when bubbles/shampoo run down me during showers, for me this isn't a big deal and subsides with in the hour.
on 9 October 2016
I really hope the shampoo is suppose to be green but yes this product really works with determination to clear or at least improve skin condition.
on 20 March 2017
Hard to get locally, so good to find it available here. A small amount of this stuff goes a long way, so not as expensive as at first seems. Lathers really well and smells good too. Shall personally buy again.
on 15 December 2017
The only shampoo that does not upset my scalp. The fragrance is pleasant, unlike some other coal tar shampoos that smell awful. My scalp healed quickly and the itching eased straight away.
on 5 March 2017
cleared up my psoriasis and eczema pretty well..
on 20 January 2016
Been trying for a long time to get a product as good as polytar and now I have found it ,,, this is much better than I expected and will continue to buy it
on 2 December 2017
Really good at clearing up scalp problems, though as others have suggested, it's a good idea to use a separate conditioner as well.
on 16 March 2017