Customer reviews

on 6 June 2015
Great family comedy, Zach Gordon is fantastic as the usually hapless but effervescent and resilient Wimpy Kid, his family members are wonderful support, with Steve Zahn excellent but then he's always funny! Our 8 year old daughter must have watched this movie 20 times, if you like daft, sort of like-life, sometimes cringe-worthy family fun then this is for you, you'll laugh from start to finish, enjoy!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 19 April 2017
Our son really enjoyed this film - He is 8 years old. I didn't watch it with him, however, it really held his attention for the whole film and he said it was good - so that's good enough for me!! He's watched all 3 now and really found them funny - laugh out loud in places! Silly humour!
on 13 May 2013
Well, when I first saw this in the cinema I thought this would be the best in the trilogy of movies. It's the complete opposite.

Number one: I think they cast Greg well, yet the storyline is just annoying. It's just about a boy who has a lame life and stupid events happen, and even though the character is meant to be felt sorry for I actually feel like this boy has got no common sense whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, this actor is brilliant but throughout the film I just hate the character. Number Two: apparently the dad and Greg hate this comic called 'Lil Cutie.' Greg quotes 'now we won't have to read this garbage anymore!' If they hated it so much, why didn't they just NOT read it? Was there a law that you had to read the comics in order thread the newspaper? Total lack of common sense!

The final point is that Manny is as stupid as hell! How could the casting directors have messed up a perfectly basic role with such a stupid looking child who can't even act. No offense to the kid, but come on! Seriously? Right now I'm not sure whether this movie is enjoyable or if a cup of coffee is enjoyable. I'm sorry, but whoever made this movie needs to make another series of movies that has realism and common sense, good actors and interesting! Some of you may be disagreeing with me, but take it from the point of view of a film critic. Three stars, average film, nothing else to say.
on 18 August 2017
One of the best movies i have ever seen! Brilliant acting, graphics, audio and plot. Would recommend to all ages, a great film for the family to sit down and watch! would pay £20 for this film !
on 5 June 2014
Funny film which explores Greg's summer holidays, works with or without the other films for me having watched the previous film :)
on 31 March 2017
Really good for the whole family, children loved it and we actually thought it was rather fab and was very much involved when this came out
on 28 May 2017
Watched in prep for seeing the new one in the cinema.
on 12 August 2017
My grandchildren loved it having read the book
on 30 June 2017