on 21 May 2012
I got this adapter to save buying another full HDMI lead as I already have a couple spare. It plugs onto the end of a standard HDMI lead and then fits micro HDMI sockets on my BlackBerry PlayBook and Olympus camera. Simple and effective. I will add you need to hold the adapter carefully as HDMI leads are heavy and the micro format is a tiny plug that seems fragile merely due to its design size.
on 17 June 2012
Adapter works perfectly, allowing me to connect my Sony Xperia Pro to my Samsung 40" TV using an existing 5 metre HDMI cable. A cheap way of acquiring a smart TV! Allows me to use phone apps on the big screen and stream movies, music & photos from my NAS box over wifi through the phone to the TV. With a long cable like this you need to support cable and phone on a flat surface or I imagine the weight would soon weaken the phone socket.
on 25 June 2012
bought this to connect my playbook to the TV.It works fine and does the job, cheap as well. What more do you need to know.
on 26 November 2012
I have brought one of these adapters and tested it with my Microsoft Surface RT.
I can say that:

1) It works perfectly with the Surface RT
2) It fits snuggly and doesn't wobble with inserted into the Surface's micro hdmi
3) The seams of the adapter are tight and look unlikely to split open
4) The signal/image was as expected - very good.
5) It came with plastic plugs inserted into the holes to stop dust getting in (a nice touch)
6) First impressions are that it will last well.

Like all these things I feel for the people who's items are broken etc Even though the adapter is pretty tough I will still only use it when the cable is supported - it's a bit much to expect such a small plug to shoulder the bending forces when attached to a large springy HDMI cable. I am realistic (not the others aren't) that I need to be careful with it.

UPDATE: Still pleased with this. So much better than the Microsoft Official version!
on 19 January 2013
works well for my kindle fire HD - no problems at all. Reasonably well made, fits tsocket in th fire fine and attaches to my tv via a cable fine
on 11 March 2012
This worked perfectly for me in my Asus Transformer Prime Tablet. Allowed me to connect an existing hdmi cable between Tablet and LCD TV - result, a perfect picture on the TV. Mind you, YMMV - this may not work for your tablet or phone, but if not I very much doubt it will be the fault of this adaptor. Good value, good product.
on 29 October 2012
Recently bought this micro hdmi adapter to plug my tablet into my television. The micro hdmi arrived in excellent condition. It came with plastic covers which fit around the male micro hdmi connector and in the female hdmi connector keeping the connections clean and protected. The size of the adapter is about 2cm long, small but can easily be carried around in a case for any tablet or laptop with this sort of connection. I have also tested it with my graphics card hooked up to my monitor and it also works without any problems. The connections are solid and they stayed in place once pushed in.
The adapter is of excellent quality especially for the price and has been used numerous times since being bought.
on 2 February 2013
The product and the plabook needed a lot of adjusting for the image on my playbook to come on the screen which was very irritating because if the playbook was moved even slightly the image would disappear. This happened several times when I was trying to watch a movie with my gf which was very annoying. Its essential you don't move the product at all to enusre the playbook is connected to the tv and the image is there.
The gold bit is very fragile so bends if too much force is applied.
After a while it went faulty and the playbook image didn't appear on the screen no matter how much adjusted or left still.
I think it's a terrible product and would recommend you not to buy it.
on 22 April 2012
This HDMI adaptor works perfectly with my new Motorola RAZR phone. Just plug it in and you get a chance to choose whether to view photos, videos or the phone's screen. It's so easy to use, and so useful to be able to show photos or other content from the phone on a big TV screen, and the resolution looks great. It fits firmly in the phone's micro-HDMI socket but I would treat the cable and adaptor with care to ensure the weight of the cable doesn't strain the phone's connector too much. The phone was low on battery after about 20 minutes, but I could have had the USB charger plugged in at the same time. All in all, very powerful but simple, easy to carry around, and amazingly good value.
on 10 December 2012
Just got a Samsung Series 9 laptop to replace my old Acer and predictably it doesn't come with all the adapters for the small ports, so been busy buying them from Amazon. Plugged this into the micro-HDMI port and then into the normal HDMI cable of my Benq 27 inch screen and now I get a really loud (volume control dependent) hiss through my Bose Companion 3 audio system, which is also new and worked fine before without the hiss. Can only imagine its due to the adapter in some way, so now ordered a dedicated microHDMI to HDMI cable so I dont need the adapter. Cant be bothered to return it for the money!