1,155
Colour: White|Change

on 27 May 2017
This thing... oh boy where can i start...

Well after the easy fast setup, it.. it just works!
Excellent sound quality that beats all the microphones i have ever used before, and fantastic for recording! Heres a list below of ways i have tried the product to test clarity, and background noise:

Current setup on a crane next to a mechanical keyboard and loud clicky mouse. Never detects either and only my voice.

On top of a piano (the piano speakers were underneath) whilst playing.. incredible quality and it wasnt even facing the same direction!

I then tested it for clarity with various recording styles: singing, rapping, beatboxing and finally playing flamenco guitar. It excelled in all of them (i unfortunately did not excell in most of them)

Overall if like me you are looking for a budget microphone that delivers and is reliable, i think this is the choice for you :)
on 24 June 2017
I order on Wednesday and I received the package on Friday (1 day early) so great delivery service again.

So to the mic. It's the Ice version so doesn't have the selectable polar patterns, and only has the cardioid pattern which is fine for my needs. Just remember to double check which version your are ordering as it's easy to make the mistake.

The mic sounds with a really nice crisp tone and is great for my purpose of streaming on twitch and making youtubbe videos. It's very easy to connect to your pc or mac and it's really easy to fit on a mic stand like I have in my pic. Doesn't pic up much background noise either, you may see YouTube vids where people say you need to be close to the mic it's self to get a good level, in my set up I'm about 1 and half feet away and it picks up my voice with ease and I can be sat very comfitabley in my chair and game and not worry about it.

I streamed for about 90 mins last night and played back the stream and I'm very impressed with the audio quality it just makes the stream sound more professional.

My wife (who is a sound engineer) was sceptical at me using a USB mic as she says I should use an interface and an XLR mic. But I did a quick sound test as soon as I got home and called her in to listen. And she was pleasantly surprised and thought the quality of the audio is very good.

So if you are looking for a good USB mic, for streaming YouTube or just to improve your Skype audio, then go and order this mic, it's great and most defiantly worth it.
review image
on 2 March 2017
Handy mic for gaming, streaming and calling friends. The microphone on my webcam wasn't cutting it for streams, and this little microphone is almost as good as the Yeti for at least half the price. The tripod it comes with is a little flimsy but since it is detachable and there are many other options this isn't a problem. The mic alone is worth the spend.
on 27 March 2017
Does the job very well for gaming. Speaking straight into it produces the clearest sound but air gets in and causes noise. I put a bobble hat over it and now it's perfect.

Build quality is great. It's very sturdy. The wire is extremely unlikely to fall out of the back of the microphone on its own. Works straight from the box, no need to mess with any software at all.
on 14 January 2016
For the money it is a really good microphone but it lacks control over the direction of the capruting arc. It is meant to be cardioid but in reallity it captures A LOT if backround noise You can use the noise gate in programs like OBS or edit on Audacity... But you can also do that on cheaper microphones.

However if you have thick walls and a good Window (or a studio set up) the sound capture is actually excellent.
on 9 April 2017
I ordered this to use whilst talking to the guys on Discord and the quality is great! super clear speech and picks up sound from quite a distance! I also record game play from my PC and Xbox one and use this mic with them to provide voice over and commentary. For the price and the build quality you really can't go wrong with the Snowball iCE but there is better recording quality mics out there, but you pay for what you get and what you get is pretty darn good.
on 10 March 2017
Unboxing experience was awesome! Blue Microphones really knows how to make people happy with unboxing things. The actual microphone works really good for the price. Quality is good and background noise removal is ok (microphone isn't buzzing itself). I think the only problem with this microphone is that red light on the front, it's really annoying especially in the dark. But you can easily fix this problem by covering it with tape or other material. So just that, everything besides that is just fantastic.
on 2 June 2017
This little mic punches well above its weight, people might be inclined to go with a cheaper mic with the hopes it would perform roughly the same, however I have purchased several cheaper mics from other stores and this mic beats them all including some mics which actually cost more.

If you're looking for a nice sized mic that is affordable and looks great and has amazing quality (both build and audio) I would recommend this over any other.
on 6 April 2017
Much bigger than I expected. I did not do much research into desktop microphones, but had heard good things about Blue Snowball as a 'first-good-quality-mic.'. The quality of the audio is wonderful for a novice. My voice sounds crisp and clear. Perfect for someone starting out streaming or recording voice over. It's also seriously easy to set up if you are new to audio equipment - it's plug and play. Works right out of the box!
on 9 June 2017
I bought this microphone because I really needed one. It's fantastic. It picks up sound from far away so you can still talk on the other side of the room if you set it up properly. Delivery was good, came 1 day early. It has a well built tripod with grip on the bottom so it doesn't scratch the surface. Worth the money and a great microphone to talk on Skype with (It is verified with Skype) . It is also a great product as a first microphone for a youtuber. I love it