Customer reviews

1,178
Colour: White|Change

on 27 May 2017
This thing... oh boy where can i start...

Well after the easy fast setup, it.. it just works!
Excellent sound quality that beats all the microphones i have ever used before, and fantastic for recording! Heres a list below of ways i have tried the product to test clarity, and background noise:

Current setup on a crane next to a mechanical keyboard and loud clicky mouse. Never detects either and only my voice.

On top of a piano (the piano speakers were underneath) whilst playing.. incredible quality and it wasnt even facing the same direction!

I then tested it for clarity with various recording styles: singing, rapping, beatboxing and finally playing flamenco guitar. It excelled in all of them (i unfortunately did not excell in most of them)

Overall if like me you are looking for a budget microphone that delivers and is reliable, i think this is the choice for you :)
on 24 June 2017
I order on Wednesday and I received the package on Friday (1 day early) so great delivery service again.

So to the mic. It's the Ice version so doesn't have the selectable polar patterns, and only has the cardioid pattern which is fine for my needs. Just remember to double check which version your are ordering as it's easy to make the mistake.

The mic sounds with a really nice crisp tone and is great for my purpose of streaming on twitch and making youtubbe videos. It's very easy to connect to your pc or mac and it's really easy to fit on a mic stand like I have in my pic. Doesn't pic up much background noise either, you may see YouTube vids where people say you need to be close to the mic it's self to get a good level, in my set up I'm about 1 and half feet away and it picks up my voice with ease and I can be sat very comfitabley in my chair and game and not worry about it.

I streamed for about 90 mins last night and played back the stream and I'm very impressed with the audio quality it just makes the stream sound more professional.

My wife (who is a sound engineer) was sceptical at me using a USB mic as she says I should use an interface and an XLR mic. But I did a quick sound test as soon as I got home and called her in to listen. And she was pleasantly surprised and thought the quality of the audio is very good.

So if you are looking for a good USB mic, for streaming YouTube or just to improve your Skype audio, then go and order this mic, it's great and most defiantly worth it.
review image
on 2 March 2017
Handy mic for gaming, streaming and calling friends. The microphone on my webcam wasn't cutting it for streams, and this little microphone is almost as good as the Yeti for at least half the price. The tripod it comes with is a little flimsy but since it is detachable and there are many other options this isn't a problem. The mic alone is worth the spend.
on 9 April 2017
I ordered this to use whilst talking to the guys on Discord and the quality is great! super clear speech and picks up sound from quite a distance! I also record game play from my PC and Xbox one and use this mic with them to provide voice over and commentary. For the price and the build quality you really can't go wrong with the Snowball iCE but there is better recording quality mics out there, but you pay for what you get and what you get is pretty darn good.
on 24 July 2017
Very clear sound and directional so it just picks up sound that is ahead of it and nearby which means
that I can type on the keyboard behind it and it's not picked up. That was the main reason that I got this
since I had another excellent mic, the samson G-Track, though it picks up sound from all directions.

Have a look on youtube since there are many reviews there.

I really like having my pop filter attached to the little stand it comes with so I can hold it easily in my hand.

I am getting familiar with it still though and so getting the distance that I want it to be for it to sound like I
want so perhaps in another month it would have been 5 star since I've had the Samson for many years
and so perhaps used to it and how it sounds (which is great).

I use it for my youtube channel and creating video lessons and it is fantastic value!
on 14 January 2016
For the money it is a really good microphone but it lacks control over the direction of the capruting arc. It is meant to be cardioid but in reallity it captures A LOT if backround noise You can use the noise gate in programs like OBS or edit on Audacity... But you can also do that on cheaper microphones.

However if you have thick walls and a good Window (or a studio set up) the sound capture is actually excellent.
on 27 March 2017
Does the job very well for gaming. Speaking straight into it produces the clearest sound but air gets in and causes noise. I put a bobble hat over it and now it's perfect.

Build quality is great. It's very sturdy. The wire is extremely unlikely to fall out of the back of the microphone on its own. Works straight from the box, no need to mess with any software at all.
on 9 July 2017
For the price this product is not bad but its not good either. It doesn't feel very premium, it has a cheap sticker around the whole thing saying blue microphones. The red light glows though the white plastic making it look very cheap. The sound quality is average but for the same price I could have got better. Its not a bad microphone at all though. I appreciate the standard microphone mount on the bottom; I will use it for a boom arm soon.
on 24 July 2017
First impressions of the Snowball are good. The microphone is roughly 10cm in diameter and weighs less than half a kilo. It comes in a shiny box complete with a USB cable, a mic and a tripod. Underneath the mic is a screw-in mount for the tripod stand. The tripod is sturdy but easily manoeuvred so you can rotate and angle the Snowball to suit you.

When I connected the Snowball, an LED light glows red on the front to indicate that it's powered, next you have to select it in System Preferences' Sound Input pane (Though my computer configured it automatically and set it to default).

The audio quality from the Snowball is excellent. Speech is crisp and clear, even playing acoustic guitar the mic reproduced every string pick and fret buzz, and background hum was non-existent. Even with music playing at a reasonable volume in the immediate background, the Snowball minimised it and reproduced recorded speech brilliantly.

The Snowball is perfect for podcasts, streaming, and recording vocals or acoustic instruments. It may be a little larger than other USB mics but its quality. Overall 10/10
on 10 March 2017
Unboxing experience was awesome! Blue Microphones really knows how to make people happy with unboxing things. The actual microphone works really good for the price. Quality is good and background noise removal is ok (microphone isn't buzzing itself). I think the only problem with this microphone is that red light on the front, it's really annoying especially in the dark. But you can easily fix this problem by covering it with tape or other material. So just that, everything besides that is just fantastic.