Hi I'm lance I'm a massive lover of hardcore and gabber and am big fan of the Clubland X-treme Hardcore series and own all the albums but I was really disappointed when I received this album, I had really high expectations that this was going to be by far the best but when I listened to it I was totally disappointed because they destroyed the normal happy hardcore style and have now fused the dubstep genre with hardcore and I'm telling you its the worst thing that styles, breeze, hixxy and re-con could of done. It just sounds like utter noise and doesn't really have that get up and dance feeling instead it just gives that wanna stay sat down feeling. If I were you I would stay away from this album but if your a big fan of the clubland x-treme hardcore then do buy it. There are only a few good songs but not very many and this album is very poorly mixed. But I will still buy every new album of this series because I love hardcore.

Your Sincerely
Lance Aaron Jenkins
A.K.A.
SuperRaveman
on 22 February 2012
i don't normally do reviews but i feel so strongly about this i just had to say something. Ive loved hardcore for years and bought every clubland hardcore so far and theyve always been pretty good but this one is utter rubbish. it seems to be a completely different style of hardcore nothing like the previous 1-7. i could count the amount of songs what i liked on one hand and considering that styles, breeze, hixxy and recon were behind the mixes i was really disapointed. if you really want a copy then give it a month or 2 im sure loads of other disapointed people will be getting rid of their copies on a certain auction site...
on 1 August 2012
I've been with the Xtreme Hardcore series from the beginning, and I've loved every single release. This latest one is by far the best in my opinion, the tracks are amazing and seriously make the hairs on the back of my neck shoot up.

I do agree that the album has taken a turn towards the 'dubstep' genre, but I really don't see this as a bad thing. There is only so much that can be done within a genre, and if hardcore just sticks to the 'original roots' as people phrase it, then the series won't gain ground in terms of new listeners.

Every genre evolves with time... You can either go with the flow and enjoy... Or stick with your back catalogue of the old skool material. I think it's great that people are posting comments warning people, but like I said - I have followed the whole 'Xtreme' series, and I love it! So just give it a few listens, and for many - I'm sure it will grown on you and you'll eventually love it! (its certainly been my album of summer 2012)...
on 9 May 2012
First of all it shouldn't be called xtreme hardcore i heard much more xtrme then this then the mixing its lazy no effert at all why when better mixing on bonkers now the worst thing dubstub into hardcore why am sick of going hmv seeing dubstep albums there awful then now its called dubcore no its not its called crap i hope number 9 improves a lot
on 29 February 2012
Don't know where Styles & Breeze are headed with this one, and even the last few #6 & #7. Just a big lot of crappy weird electro breaky sounds & crap vocals. Wow, if it wasn't for Recon vs Hixxy's Bonus CD, this #8 set would be a disaster.
Saw Darren play awesome live set in Brisbane few months ago on tour with Sharky & Energy, and none of this junk in it. I actually turned both 1 & 2 CDs off halfway thru they were so off. Love the guys, but not this direction thanks.
Rob on the Gold Coast
on 19 January 2012
I got this on order and had high hopes becasue Clubland usaly always do really well but the only problem was that I found a lot of the mixs had been done last year or year before so not a lot of new or exclusive tracks also ive noticed on track - I'm Sorry - Re-Con & Demand Feat. Mandy Edge its really poorly mixed because it skipps during the mix there a about 1 second gap dosent sound a lot but its noitceable and I thought my disk was damaged and planed to send back to Amazon till I hard the same track online and thats how its ment to be. Ok so that the negtives now why did I give it 4 stars becasue there still a lot going for it HTD Disk 3 really recovers the whole album there some good mixs in there with Hixxy and Recon so over all a good album just wish they mixed it better
on 14 June 2012
I understand why producers do it, but do they need to? What I mean is, the genre is shifting toward what I would consider to be 'flavour of the month' and this is having this style move toward a dubstep style of hardcore. The artists and producers on this compilation are great, the mix is good, but the style is a little bit of a let down. I've listened to this a few times through, but it just doesnt have the re-listen value as older style mixes. The tracks seem to have been rushed through the production stage.

If you've never liked UK Hardcore, or felt it was a little too happy for you but liked the speed of the genre this might be for you. Dont judge the genre on this CD though.
on 4 February 2012
As a Clubland Xtreme Hardcore buyer from the very beginning, I've been disappointed by the recent 'development' of the genre. There were plenty of tracks to love on all albums from 1 through to 7, however this album has been hit by such a distinct and vile twist in nature that I can't find myself enjoying much of it at all. I think it's time to jump off the X-treme Hardcore series.
on 22 March 2013
I've got all xtreme albums, this is the best so far in my opinion. High energy, hairs on the back of your neck, little bit happy lovey in parts. The mixes are all really different, not all that similar to the old stuff (well closest is bonus cds from xtreme 1 and xtreme 4). Perfect for high energy sport training and dancing around your bedroom if you're really happy :) I liked it because it was so different, it's a grower, but generally, if your looking for happy hard paced music or something to get you super super fit, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
on 21 May 2012
At first, I really disliked what this CD had on it, but it's really grown on me. Sadly, Breeze's mix (which is my favorite on the CD song-wise) suffers from a few instances of bad beat-matching. It's noticeable for each instance and I'm not sure why they would release this without going in and fixing that.