Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 19 October 2010
I am a big fan of Greek mythology and the GOW series. I have played all the GOW titles and when I discovered there was a book out based on the franchise I was intrigued. After reading other positive reviews on the book I decided to purchase it, and after reading it I can say I wasn't disappointed. The book captures the epic story telling of the game and stays very true to the first GOW story line. Battles are described in excellent gory detail and Kratos feels as brutal and ruthless as he does in the game.

I would recommend this to anyone who is a fan of the GOW series. Hopefully further books will be brought out to include the sequels. Worth every penny.
on 14 April 2011
I have player this game before I read the book which I do not recommend because it will take the thriller part away. But I like the book and it will cover some part of the conversations between the gods which are not included in the game. The story like is great and smothly go forward to the end. The book size is quite small and if you have bad sight then by the online version.
As a huge fan of the game franchise (well duology currently) I did wonder how well the tale would translate to this offering but with Matthew Stover behind the reigns I shouldn't have worried. He's taken an established history and made it something a little more personal, with great combat sequences and of course following the defined story arc but in the authors own way.

Beautifully written, top prose and descriptiveness brings the God of War franchise to fans of a different generation.
on 25 June 2012
great book adds to the exitement of the games and helps you understand the story better if your into following it closely like i am. i hope that more gow books come out in the future.
on 29 April 2014
Found the book slightly hard to get into no suspense or story really to get into bought originally for my 10 yrs son , he thought the book was too one dimension
on 21 April 2012
This book is so well written and keeps true to the video game. I highly recommend it, can't wait for the sequel.....
on 5 August 2014
Graet novel. Ties in very nicely with the game. Contains many elements and ideas not present in the game.
on 25 February 2015