on 8 July 2012
The frame on this gazebo is very thin so when you try to assemble it the mounting points buckle, these need tube supports inside to stop this happening. The lower floor brackets are very light with no adjustment to allow you to square up the gazebo. Unless the floor is flat you end up with wedges to square up the unit. I would not buy another one of these gazebo as the material used is to thin and the unit twist easily all support brackets need beefing up.
on 1 May 2014
We bought this as a replacement for one that was bought from Focus some six years ago. The new one is identical in every way. Only problem we had with the original was that you couldn't tighten up the bolts as hard as we would have liked to as the metal sections are quite thin. SO WE DID AN ADAPTION! All it needs is about 50 washers, size of a .50p piece with a hole big enough for the bolt to pass through. They cost us about a £5. Put these on the bolts on all bolts that connect the metal section together and you can now tighten them up really tight without the metal box sections collapsing. Our new one is now "rock solid" and we are looking forward to many years of use. I would add that delivery was excellent, it arrived two days after ordering, packaging was also excellent and nothing was damaged.
We highly recommend this product
on 27 July 2013
We very much liked this gazebo,it ticked all the right boxes and we were not disappointed ,we had a few hiccups with the delivery but some very helpful amazon staff sorted it for us and now we can enjoy the freedom it gives us and a very good outdoor space.We are both disabled people and you would be surprised how much the outside living as lifted our spirits,Thankyou
on 28 September 2012
All the parts are well made and fit together well. I used a power screwdriver as there are quite a lot of screws. The 4 sides will take about 1 hour to assemble - just follow the enclosed instructions. I didn't tighten all the bolts and screws until it was fully assembled - just in case I needed to re-arrange it when I placed on the canopy and top lid. Total assembly time - approximately 3 hours on my own. But, you do need another pair of hands to hold the sides in position while you screw in the bolts; and a pair of short step-ladders to pull over the canopy. Its now late September and I have just taken it down as the summer is over - what summer! Well the canopy is waterproof and I've used some Nikwax to protect it - but have left the corners complete and the sides too - they all fit into the garage in one corner and the sides are resting on large hooks screwed into the inner wall - perfect.
on 4 October 2014
brilliant product,was worried about the quality as it was cheap compared to most out there,very strong metal frame work and great wooden shelves,me and my partner managed to have this up in 2 hours,if your looking for a great built gazebo for a fraction of the price,then look no further
on 5 May 2013
Good product, like the use of wood and aluminium.
Some of the joints seem a little flimsy so not sure how long it will last. I hope for at least three years.
Planters at the base of each leg are a great idea, we've already got a Clematis and other pot plants in each container. Shame manufacturer didn't think to offer liners for each container as an optional extra. My wife made ours using compost bags.inine
2 years later still going strong
on 8 July 2014
Very pleased with this item. The structure can be left over winter, and the canvas roof washed and stored. It looks very elegant, and is reasonably priced. I have seen others more than double the price but not looking as good. We put pots of flowers on the shelving, and it really gives the feeling over being an outdoor room. We have even sat out in it during light showers, quite comfortably. Definitely adds a bit of panache to the outdoor environment!
on 23 August 2014
Love it! Great value for money and looks lovely.
Only 2 points that should be considered.
1. The plant pots have no bottom. You either need to use plant post that would fit, I couldn't find and so we used hessian sacks to line.
2. The shelves you get don't sit snug so we have used garden twine to keep them in place.
on 24 July 2014
This gazebo was purchased as a birthday present for my wife and she's delighted with it. There are a couple of things to watch our for. 1) this is a heavy item (approx 50kg) and you need to consider how you'll move it when it arrives 2) take some time to lay out the parts and work out the theoretical assembly first - once you get the hang of the diagrams it's very easy to assemble 3) the canopy frame is easy to secure to the lower frame if you have an extra pair of hands on a step ladder to hold it high enough. I found this the only part which needed two people. 4) I followed previous advice and invested in some additional washers - without them the frame can be easily bent when tightening bolts.
Yes this is a lightweight construction which could be perceived as flimsy, but when it's fully assembled it's actually quite strong.
Love it!
on 25 August 2013
Item arrived really quickly and was exactly as described. Really pleased with the purchase and I believe really good value for money. And.. Hubby managed to put the thing together quite easily as well !