• Force

Customer reviews

Force
Price:£1,140.00+ £10.00 shipping

on 14 December 2011
I now have two Junghans Mega Solar Ceramic watches, an 018/1111.44 and this new 018/1132.44.
Both are superb devices and highly recommended but you'll struggle to get the former 2nd hand
because owners don't let them go and for good reason! I've had my original watch for 12 years
and it looks like I bought it today. There is no visible diffence between my 12 year old watch
and my 1 day old watch because of the ceramic material they're made of. The case and the strap
(mostly) are made of zirconium oxide ceramic material that is more scratch resistant than stainless
steel and in my experience pretty much impervious to anything solid or liquid. My first watch
came with a 10 year scratch guarantee that was not needed. The new version does not but clearly
won't need it! The watch is solar powered (with a 21 month battery backup), can be used in pure
Quartz mode with user setting of hh/mm/ss and date. The watch is set automatically at night by a
signal from the German physics lab's caesium clock and arrived spot on to the second. It can be set
to any time zone that's plus/minus x hours from CET (not on the half hour so India is out) and
can also be set by USA and Japanese transmitters. The date (and information) display is an inverted
LCD and so appears white(ish) on black. The hh/mm hands are vaguely luminescent and the second hand
has a luminescent tip but is otherwise black and hard to see. Note that in reality the solar cell
colour and the plastic surrounding the date are nearly the same. A flash has been used to take the
product images online and it's showing too much contrast. The face is pretty much full black except
in very bright light.
I highly recommend this watch, it'll last indefinitely and look good too. Be aware that the strap
as supplied is very loose on my large male arm so you might need to get it adjusted. Unlike the older
ceramic straps this one is fully linked and can be resized at will as long as you keep the parts!
I took my watch to a jeweller to get the bracelet shortened but then added a link back in myself
when I got home because the watch was too tight. You need a punch to push the links out, a plastic backed
hammer and (probably) some pliers but that's all. The bracelet is actually a minor miracle of engineering
but looks exactly like the older bracelet that had to be cut to size.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 April 2015
I have had the predecessor to this watch for about 20 years and it has performed faultlessly. It was significantly more expensive than any watch I had owned before, but all these years later, the watch and glass are unmarked, making it excellent value for money. (I was in the military and bought a cheap watch every year and seemed to destroy them with ease; this one changed that (perhaps the cost made me more careful!)) If you want a watch that simply tells you the time accurately, I would recommend this model.
on 14 March 2017
Great watch, let down totally by the strap. The silicon spacers break, mine lasted less than two years. Four have broken. You have to send back to official repairer to get it fixed. They don't supply spare parts. Disaster. Don't buy
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 February 2012
Lots of plus points

Radio control gives an accurate reading. An easy watch to setup.

Solar works well - long battery life

The design is modern,shiny and bright.

The strap is adjustable but needs a jeweller's touch

The weight of the watch is fine.

The lumination on the watch hands is adequate.

The date is a bit disappointing. It is not backlit. The date is clearly seen in daylight- lost in shadows. Publicity photos are deceptive.

Overall - a really good watch. Smart on the wrist -accurate - unclutted.

Now had the watch for a year, Really, really impressed with the durability. The ceramic strap remains unmarked and the glass unscratched despite moderate use. Not shower proof however.
Still very pleased with the purchase.
22 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 June 2014
Other reviewers have pointed out the great features of this watch, and I would agree with them all except to note that if you want a watch for daily use, then this isn't for you. The strap closing mechanism gives up after little more than a year and it's not covered by the warranty! Definitely NOT what I expected for a watch of this price.

I am bitterly disappointed.

See one answered question