Customer reviews

The God Killers
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 26 September 2014
I absolutely loved this book, and I have not said that about a book for a long time. I normally have three to five books on the go at any one time, fiction and non-fiction, and flip between them to save getting bored; I read this book solid at any chance I was given.

I think I initially got this book free from Amazon, after I had seen it on www.weberbooks.com I almost didn't get it due to some poor reviews about grammar and a bad writing style, but it was free and had an interesting story-line. It has sat on my Kindle for about 3 to four weeks, maybe even longer, without being read.

Once I started to read it I just couldn't put it down. Some of the reviews I have read stated bad spelling and grammar, I didn't notice any of those things. I am not stating that there are no mistakes in the writing or grammar, I just didn't notice anything. The story-line just sucked me in and like any good book the words and sentences disappeared to be replaced by my own personal film.

The author, David Simpson, has other books available and they are now on my hit list to read. I nearly missed out on a fantastic story and author because of grammar snobbery. I should have remembered that a good story is a good story even if it's chiseled into a wall with half a brick, with no commas and no capitals; which this book has by the way.
on 4 January 2013
I read this book because of the post human trilogy by the same author, and it didn't disappoint, great language skills and really encapsulating.
on 17 March 2013
Another great book from David!

I was a bit apprehensive about this and wouldn't normally read a horror novel, but after reading the pot-human series and thoroughly enjoying David's other work i though i would give it a go, and i'm glad i did!!

Some very interesting concepts, and as with David's other work there's not a great deal of let up in regards of action within the story, there's always something exciting going on!

If i were to have one criticism, it would that i felt like i was left wanting more at the end of the book, it ended in a good way but far to quickly.

Loved the book though so would highly recommend!
on 11 July 2015
I don't normally read horror stories but having enjoyed the "Post Human" series by David Simpson I decided to give it a go. It was a good romp, it had quite a light tone and I loved the theatrical bad guys. This starts off with a very novel idea and had interesting central characters just like Mr Simpsons other books. The problem is the rest of the story doesn't live up to the great start. Its in three parts and the story gets weaker by each section. I felt it came to an end rather abruptly and the ending was quite poor. Four stars says it all. I liked it but didn't love it.
on 9 December 2013
This book is extremely easy to read, and gets going from the first page (which is always helpful). The only thing lacking in this book is a more complex twist to it, however that would make the book a lot longer so defeats the purpose of a smaller, easy reading book. Highly recommend it.
on 23 February 2012
Heaven is a Lie

God is evil and devours the souls of the dead. Satan is a revolutionary working with a small resistance cell to bring down god and save the souls of the dead. Cipher, Han and father Hurley all have one thing in common - they died. Their near death experience opened their third eyes and now they see ghosts.
A failed attempt to kill god with the Spear of destiny has left them pursued by phantoms and the earthly agents of god. Satan provides them with a clue and the race is on to find another way to kill god.

This is an extremely promising premise but does not fully live up to expectations. The supernatural aspects of the story could have been better developed The conclusion is straight out of every sf tv show ever made.

The result is a read that just doesnt live up to the initial strong impact. It lacks conviction in SF , fantasy and supernatural worlds. By trying to blend sf and fantasy it doesnt quite manage to excell at either. Still ok , but the ending seems a bit of a cop out.
on 18 January 2016
Another brilliant book from David Simpson! I loved his Post Human Series so I just had to get and read this one. His imagination is fantastic! His stories just thunder along and his characters are epic! Another five stars for you David, well done!
on 12 July 2015
Was not what i was expecting. This is not a book about killing god either. It is a work of fiction and nothing more than that, but in this book, the beings who are killed are ones who stop the spirit going off to where they are supposed to go!
on 16 September 2014
This is a different genre from David's other books, riveting from the first to the last page. I hope he finds time to write more. If you haven't yet tried David's other books then please do and join us as a member of the Post Human Tribe.
on 11 June 2015
I never like to give to much away about a book. This is a fast paced action packed book, that I'll read again in about a year from now.