on 8 January 2013
great so far, nice and warm ,bought it in the mild spell just before xmas .zip stuck a bit at first but cured that with a bit of oil , just a drop....peachy now.
on 3 December 2013
This is just what I've been looking for, a really sturdy, warm and well fitting Snorkel Parka. It is very well made and should last for years, some folks have mentioned the zip being a little sticky and a splash of oil corrects it but on mine the zip is great, a real heavy duty one and zips up smoothly without any lubricant. I would compare it to a much more expensive "name brand" one but at a fraction of the price. Although in my case it took a little longer than expected to get here it was because of the postal service, the seller as soon as it appeared to have been lost in the post sent a replacement on a 48hr ticket which arrive as it should and then even refunded me my initial postage charge because it took so long to get here, In my experience with Amazon a lot of companies spout about how they value customer services, the difference here is that this company really does and proved it, what a refreshing change to deal with a company like this, I would recommend anyone to buy from them with confidence that they really DO care bout their customers...All the best Boshy
on 7 December 2012
I received this coat just before the snow hit so I have to say i was very happy with it, its extremely warm and well insulated, even the pockets are double lined meaning its like wearing thermal gloves when you place your hands in them. Its also waterproof in case you were wondering I know I was, its not that silky MA1 flight jacket material at all but a much harder wearing outer shell. My one gripe is the zip I'm hoping it will get better with use but its far from smooth I even placed 3-1 oil along it in an effort to improve it, but as yet its not paid dividends.It does seem to be getting a little better with use so maybe it will just go away over time.
Maybe My zip is just defective who knows but overall its a great coat and very warm, waterproof and hard wearing.
44 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 November 2013
Great coat, god quality, fits perfectly.
Although not cold enough to wear out having had similar before I don't doubt it will serve me we'll through the coming winter months
on 6 January 2014
I bought this jacket in mid-late of October (although it didn't arrive until the end of November, more of that later) for the winter. My initial thoughts were that it felt quite lightweight for what was described as an "extreme cold weather" parka. Having owned cold weather jackets before the general rule of thumb for me is that the heavier the jacket is the better it is at keeping the heat in and the cold out.

The pockets are very poorly lined - one layer of low quality basic, flimsy cotton - at the very least i expected them to be fleece lined like other outdoor/winter jackets i have owned previously. The outer lining seems quite durable but the inner lining is made up of cheap nylon filling and the jacket does lose heat during high winds. In addition to all of this within a week or so the middle button fell off and a hole big enough for my keys to fall through appeared in the right hand pocket. All very sub-standard for a so-called "extreme cold weather parka".

Anyway, on to the delivery the jacket was posted from southern Ireland and i was told to expect some delays which is fair enough as it has to pass through customs etc. There was no sign of the jacket after 2 and a half weeks so i emailed the seller who, after looking into it, informed me that it had been lost in the post but assured me they would send another.......once it came back into stock in a week or so. I asked if the jacket had been posted by recorded delivery and the seller told me that it hadn't been (personally i think that's pretty basic stuff for an online retailer) but that the replacement would be posted by recorded delivery.

I was so disappointed with both the quality of the jacket and the service that i have sold the jacket on ebay & left what is quite a scathing review on here.

To sum it up folks - if you do a bit of research & shop around you can get a much better quality, down filled jacket for about another £15-20 of the price of this parka.
on 7 December 2013
Great sellers.
Great coat.
Perfect fit. Lovely on..!!!
Warm & comfy. Perfect for the snow or just out in the rain, as it's fully waterproof.
Hood is so cool, comes right up round you face to keep you lovely & warm.
on 23 February 2013
I wear a 368/38 usually and I went for an S. It was too big for me, so I exchanged it for an XS.
on 17 December 2013
I bought this coat for my husbands birthday. hes very pleased with it. it fits great and the zip is very easy to zip up. its waterproof and very warm. he uses it when he goes on his mobility scooter and football.
on 11 February 2014
Just as described by other reviewers this coat is really warm and keeps the rain off. The sellers e mailed me to explain the length of time it would take to deliver. Really good value for money. First coat I have bought for a long time and first one ever from the internet. I can't rate it highly enough. I was sold on the comment by reviewer who mentioned that it was just what you need for watching a football match. I couldn't agree more. Well done and thanks.
on 7 November 2012
Very good quality product. I have worn this parka during some very cold days and it kept me warm. Would highly recommend it.