• Customer reviews

on 26 March 2014
Egg slicers have been the bane of my existence recently, so many are of counterfeit quality with wires breaking due to misalignment of wires caused by dodgy hinges.

This slicer is just how I always remember them to be, you won't misalign the wires and break them, even the egg comes out looking like it has been cut properly.

Who'd ever imagine they'd end up reviewing egg slicers - what has the world come to!
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 March 2017
i spent a lot of time looking out for a new egg slicer because i wanted one where i didn't have to scrape out any egg that was caught in the apparatus. This is rubbish!
Flimsy product. The two halves separated during the first use (i realise that they probably are made to come apart for cleaning but a pain when you are in the middle of an egg) and i have already broken one of the metal 'strings'. I am not heavy handed so very disappointed.
waste of money
on 28 May 2016
I bought this after much pleading from my husband regarding his inability to slice an egg into perfect slices with a knife. Pandering to his slightly OCD tendencies I thought it was a good price for a simple gadget and to be honest, I'm pleased he persuaded me as it does make it easier to slice the eggs.

Cuts cleanly, and the needs a simple rinse to be ready for next use.

Good product at a great price
on 29 January 2018
it's what it is. works. it feels cheap (as it is) and plasticky and i do wonder how many more eggs it will slice before giving up, but for now is pretty good and does the job it was intended to do. so happy with my purchase
on 18 June 2017
Love this egg slicer. Sturdy and simple. Slices eggs neatly, even when warm. Do be gently with it as one of the wires on ours has stretched and bent a little which makes it a tad annoying to use.
on 27 July 2015
It slices the eggs to perfection. I have read other reviews saying that it breaks in the dishwasher but I ask why put it in a dishwasher it takes 2 seconds to clean by hand as I do with anything delicate. I have bought other egg slicers and only an expensive stainless steel one that I had years ago was as good at slicing and dicing eggs.
on 28 October 2011
Chunky and strong. Easy to clean. Does the job admirably. Excellent addition to any kitchen. Would recommend this. Far better than the ones you see in supermarkets.
on 28 February 2015
This is a complete and utter waste of time and money. Bought this to replace an egg slicer that was worn out. Discovered that it is WORSE than the product that we threw away after years of service. All this does is squash the egg. It does not do what it is supposed to do. Do not touch this product with a barge pole!
on 21 October 2017
Eggs is a part of my healthy living and this egg slicer together with my egg cooker makes it easy to have eggs everyday. This item I bought in February 2015 and it is still great.
on 24 March 2014
not very good at all, the third time i used it the slicing wires broke. Just wrote it off and threw it in the bin. Would not recomend this product. Serves me right for buying cheap **** and not buying a stainless steel one in the begining.