14,791

on 18 February 2015
Not seen photo yey
review image
on 24 July 2013
An ideal way of making sure friends and family get the gift or gifts they would like rather than agonising over what to buy them.

However it was spoilt for me by the inability to correctly process user supplied photos for certificates.

I made two attempts to order a printable gift certificate using my own picture.

On both occasions the certificate I downloaded had no picture at all, it was just a plain A4 certificate which spoilt the whole idea of using your own photo.

I definitely followed the procedure correctly and offered to supply screenshots of the various stages of the purchase.

There is obviously a software failure at the Amazon server.

Both orders had to be refunded and I will wait (more in hope than expectation) to see if they fix the fault before I try once more.
on 30 December 2013
I tried to upload 7 photos for 7 personalised gift cards. On the ordering pages it appeared that my photos had uploaded without problems and the proofs shown to me on screen were fine. I then submitted my payment and tried to print the cards to find that 4 out of the 7 had failed to upload correctly and instead only blank gift certificates were printing out. On querying this with Amazon's online help and telephone helpline, I was told they had a fault and would credit me back for the gift cards which didn't print. This was very infuriating and wasted a lot of my time.
on 16 March 2016
You basically get an email with a single code that you use by going to Your Account -> Gift Cards & Top Up -> Apply a Gift Card to Your Account -> Redeem a gift card
... and putting in the code you got by email and click "Apply to your balance".
That's it, you will see the amount automatically credited to your account.

I can see other people have problems with using these gift cards abroad but I used it in the UK and had no problems. I got this gift card under the £7 cashback offer, which didn't work immediately but Amazon customer service was great, they resolved it immediately and even compensated me.
on 6 August 2013
Have bought these for friends who I know I might not see on their birthday and for others who I needed a quick present, and did not know what exactly they would like. They are ideal for anyone to add to to buy what they want from Amazon, and most people can usually find something online that they want and can buy from the store. I love receiving them too, because I have a long wish list of things I will buy when I can afford them, and these are ideal to add to and buy something I have been 'hanging my nose over' for a while. And you have not wasted money on a present which someone thinks - 'very nice but I would have preferred ????'. At least they get what they want. Very useful and I shall continue to buy them for people. Handy to put into the card too, when is no longer safe to send money through the post.
on 5 May 2015
Shocking! What a shame that Amazon has let itself down with this. I chose my design expecting it to print exactly how it shows you in the images but instead it printed a standard A4 certificate in a completely different boring design! (I don't really want to give me friend an A4 certificate!) I rang customer services who didn't really know what to do about it so refunded me and asked me to do it again in the hope it would work. So I did it again but the same thing happened. So i rang back and spoke to a rather unhelpful person who wasn't interested in the problem and just refunded me again. What a waste of my time especially wanting to do this quickly in the tiny bit of time I have in the day when my toddler is a sleep! Feel more frustrated that i didn't get the rest i wanted!!
Think email gift card will probably be better although a bit more boring.
on 17 October 2015
Had problems with downloading and had to be refunded - abysmal failure. Quick dash to find last minute replacement. Bad experience for us. I don't even want to give 1 star but that's least review allowable.
on 2 December 2014
This looks really nice printed out. You print it out on a single one-sided A4 sheet, and fold it into quarters. You can type a message into it but there's also space to hand-write a message if you like, too.

The fact you can have smaller denominations than the actual *card* cards is nice.
on 30 August 2015
A quick and easy solution to "What do you give to the person who has got everything?!" Easy to upload an image and a message and probably the most useful gift our friend received for his 60th birthday!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 December 2012
I love this instant printable gift certificate idea, which is so easy to set up, and allows you to print off a gift certificate without the wait for delivery. Perfect for when you have, ehm, er, forgotten an important occasion....