on 21 September 2013
I bought the Lady and the Tramp Diamond Edition Blu-ray for our 2 year old Grand Daughter - and she absolutely loved it as did the whole family across three generations ! As with Cinderella this production is also exquisite - it is from the period when Disney was at its finest and again brought back memories my own delight as a small child on seeing it for the first time. Age has not dimmed the appeal of the story and the characters - they are as fresh and delightful today as they ever were - the characterisation of the various dogs and two wicked Siamese cats is utterly delightful and again the little vignettes of 'evil' are beautifully done and with just enough 'threat' to make the story exciting. Once again - the fabulous work that has been done to restore this enchanting film to the current dazzling condition can only be marvelled at. Buy it ! you will not be disappointed.
9 people found this helpful
on 5 December 2017
My youngest grandson bless seen this old Disney film on tv but loved it so very much he’s asked me if get for his upcoming forth birthday it’s amazing Disney movies old or new are so great we all love them seniors, adults and children of all ages love them they’re so well made with mystical stories put into great colour they just great and he loves this one so next week it should bring a smile to his little face x x
on 29 January 2012
Although it can be argued that Lady and The Tramp is hardly exciting when compared to other Disney movies such as The Jungle Book and The Lion King I think it has faired well over time and still remains a classic love story. I absolutely loved it as a child and I'm thrilled to say I enjoyed it just as much when watching it again on Blu-ray. The animation is fantastic - the colours are crisp, the characters pop from the screen and there's an abundance of bonus features to keep fans happy. There's an introduction by Diane Miller, deleted scenes, a never-seen-before song as well as the classic dvd bonus features. The story itself is simple but incredibly cute and follows the life of Lady, the pampered spaniel from the uptown neighbourhood as she meets Tramp, the street-smart mongrel from the other side of the tracks. Personally, I think the success of the film is attributed to the immense likability of the characters, such as Lady's friend Jock and the siamese cats, rather than the storyline as it might be too basic for some peoples tastes but I imagine any Disney fan will enjoy it for what it is. This is a classic film and a beautiful tale of friendship and love so it's great to see it on Diamond Edition Blu-ray at last. My only complaint is that Disney are no longer releasing Double-Play feature packs so if you want a DVD copy as well you will have to make an additional purchase.
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 21 February 2018
Lovely old-fashioned Disney film, with stylish 1950s visuals - in wonderful widescreen.

However, there aren’t any particularly special extras on this so-called ‘Diamond Edition’ DVD - just a featurette on different types of dogs; and Diane Miller reminiscing about her father Walt Disney.
on 18 July 2017
Rather disappointed: I wanted the Disney Classics 15 DVD, which was in the photo, as this was to add to my granddaughter 's Classics collection. But I received a different one (Diamond edition).
However, it is the correct film and arrived really quickly and I wouldn't usually be so fussy about the front cover. If it wasn't for that, I'd have given 5*
on 6 July 2016
Lady and the tramp is such a timeless classic that I was watching as a kid and now my daughter is watching the same story. It is such a simple classic that does not have the annoying high pitched squeaky voices of many modern rubbish that is out there for children. I love the fact that it's a story with a storyline with speech instead of beeps n blips.
on 30 April 2018
A Walt Disney classic in a modern media format. A firm favourite with many fans of animated cartoons. A good quality transfer from the original film. We are pleased with it.
on 4 February 2015
Absolutely fantastic, beautiful, glorious. Disney is perfect all the time, every time. Brilliant Blu-ray Disc. The transfer looks "the Dogs.." A fantastic job well done. Thank you Disney - you truly set the bench mark with these beautiful transfers of your classic library. Thanks for the care & attention. I just wish the other studios would take more care in there classics when it comes to transfer.
on 31 December 2014
Disney magic strikes again with this amazing letter box region free blu ray.

Canine love story between lady & the tramp, unforgettable show stopping song "he's a tramp" and magical characters gives us one of Disney's all time greats.

All the extra's from the original dvd ported over, so go for the up grade for the amazing picture quality that this blu ray gives.
on 29 February 2016
Excellent movie, but I can't get it to go to widescreen on my Sony TV. IN addition, in my Amazon Prime it says I own it (as for other videos bought here), but I can't get amazon through BT View, only the TV apps. So I wonder, if I don't continue to be a Prime subscriber, do I still own it? If so, how do I view it? Thanks.