on 7 March 2012
I already have a belt clip for my DSLR that cost me £25, no moans about it in fact it has given me really good service. But when I wanted to buy an extra one for my Fuji s1500 I found that it had gone out of production. After searching Amazon I found 2 alternatives.
One was the Spider and at £100 plus it ruled itself out; next up was this little device for £6 +pp so I thought what the heck for a total of £8 what have I got to lose. I've got to admit that I wasn't expecting much but to my surprise I received an excellent piece of kit. The Belt attachment has 4 slots two for your belt and two I assume for a back pack strap, it consists of a strong plastic construction and is made to fit snugly on your hip. The base piece has a standard tripod screw mount and fits securely to the base plate of your camera but take note that it will only lock into position if positioned correctly, two minutes trail and error and it was sorted for me. It also has an extra fitting to allow you to attach your tri-pod plate without removing the clip. Once the base plate is screwed onto the camera and then slotted into the belt plate the camera is held securely. To release the camera you have to press the camera firmly into your hip and ease it upwards.
So ...... Pros...Cheap..strong..easy to use.
Cons...A safety strap would be nice...erm, can't think of anything else.
I intend to by another one just in case this one goes out of production, its the best £6 I've ever spent. Enjoy.
on 10 January 2014
as I do videoing and photography I have this one and another, "which cost a lot more", I live on Dartmoor, and as I have
hands free to go scrambling over banks and that, the camera feels very safe, would RECOMEND IT,,
on 4 February 2015
This is a very well engineered and tough hard plastic item. It holds my Canon 70D securely and effectively. This is a quality item which surprises me for the low price. Very useful if you need use of both hands and don't want or need a large bag or sling with you. The stud part screws into the tripod connector socket under the camera but also has its own screw socket allowing it to still attach to a tripod without removing the stud. Very clever and very swift service from the English supplier. Would recommend this item.
on 8 June 2014
Considering one of the more expensive belt clip camera solutions, but before I took the plunge thought I'd try this cheapy one first to see if I like wearing the camera on my belt, as I sure do hate camera straps.

Its fine. It is a bit larger than I imagined so driving with the clip still on my belt is a bit painful when it digs in my thigh. And thats the essence of the problem with this item, it really needs a belt such as the better (more expensive) camera clips have. So that when you get back to the car you can just unclip the belt rather than having to undo your trousers or jeans belt, extract the clip, redo belt etc.

The clip itself holds the camera ok, to remove the camera you sorta push it back and up. Works fine, though some may feel its a little insecure.

My main concern would be that its pretty cheap plastic and not sure I would really trust it with a grands worth of camera.

So overall, ok for the money. For a smaller compact type camera it would be ideal, but then you'd probably keep that in your pocket anyway!
on 2 January 2015
Recently took a 3 days photo course that needed two lenses so rather than change on the fly decided to bring 2 bodies, had this on my belt and my bigger camera on a strap - loved that I didn't need to lug a bag around all day. You wont use it that often, but for the odd time you do its great. Was with much more advanced photographers and they were all going to buy one!
on 7 December 2013
Very good product with quick and reasonable dispatch. very easy to use and allows you to keep your camera with you at all times.
on 6 September 2015
Arrived quickly and fits well. Very good value compared to other clips. Seems strong and well made. Mechanism works well, so easy to lock in and release. Camera feels secure. Would recommend as a low cost and practical way to carry a DSLR camera.
on 29 May 2013
The belt holder is superb. The camera feels very secure. If worn under a jacket, it is well hidden. It unclips in seconds. The camera is ready to use straight away. If you do a lot of walking its perfect. The service was very good as well. 10/10.
on 7 November 2013
This is the best idea for carrying around Bridge type camera's.It is made of strong quality materials and I found it very easy to use. Just fit it onto your belt and away you go
on 30 October 2013
Too light for my DSLR's but great for a small compact I take when walking the hills. Would not recommend for a DSLR but feels very secure when holding my Sony DSC-HX20V.