Format: Kindle Edition|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 July 2012
As soon as I dived into Red Mountain, I was swimming into a myriad of emotions. Fear, self doubt, anticipation and a feeling that failure was not an option. The story is so well written that it keeps you captivated from the first word and you need to know what happens next. Admittedly, it is not the easiest read, because the story is so intense, and so many past events are linked to the present that you have to keep alert.
This is the story of a man whose wife and child have been abducted by psychotic thugs. But the ransom asked is not money. He will do anything to get his family back, but is he prepared to commit murder for them? because the price he has to pay to be reunited with them is that he kills two other strangers. Men, who, like him, have had their families taken hostage. But are they really strangers? They do not know it, but they have been chosen because of an ancient barbaric ritual. The outcome for the losers' families is devastating.
There are three stories in parallel: a)Robert's story to save his family, with the help of his friend Will and his faithful dog, Nugget. b) His wife and son's brave battle for freedom. c) The events of a distant past in a creepy small Oregon town, the malevolent spirit of a criminal dead long ago, bent on revenge, an old man burned by the town vigilantes, a mysterious glacier, a hidden treasure of gold and an unwanted legacy, all events related.

If you do not believe in the spirit world, malevolent beings and shamans, then the plot may seem far fetched and this is may not be the book for you.
If, on the other hand, you think everything is possible, then dip into Red Mountain. It will leave you breathless and on edge, even after you have turned the last page.
One last thing: The book does not exactly finish on a cliff hanger but you get the feeling there is more to come. If there is a continuation, all the better for me , I shall be waiting impatiently.
on 6 August 2012
The story was well constructed, bringing in three separate strands and drawing them together, and I liked the way it was written. I found it hard to put down, partly because it was pretty scary, also very gory but the story line was intriguing. Although there are paranormal aspects to it, it is largely a thriller with a story line to keep you hooked throughout. I give very few 5* ratings and thoroughly enjoyed this book - happy to recommend it - to those with strong constitutions.
on 30 September 2012
An absolutely fantastic read. Much to my husband's dismay I really didn't want to put this book down. From the first page to the last page was an excellent read and would love to read more books like these. A definite must for your library!!
on 31 March 2014
Good book, exciting cover to cover read delivered easily to my kindle and was a magnificent read and I'd recommend to anyone.
on 12 October 2013
I came across this novel as a free download and it's sat on my Kindle for a while before catching my eye again. I thoroughly enjoyed this supernatural and thrilling tale. It wasn't as I expected. Well written that left you rooting for the good guys. I highly recommend Red Mountain and I wouldn't hesitate to read this author again.
on 14 January 2013
My first book by the author but enjoyed it and would recommend it for a few hours . Only about 100 pages but would be a good read to pass a lazy sunday with.