on 27 April 2017
Fab
on 26 March 2013
It has to be said that any existing fan of Northern Soul will already have many of these tracks in their collection. Even so, there are still quite a few gems included which make this set a useful addition to any collection. A nice touch is the addition of singers such as Helen Shapiro who featured regularly at Northern Soul venues. This particular compilation makes a good basic introduction to Northern Soul for anyone relatively new to the genre, and at such a low price it is an absolute bargain.
on 11 January 2013
My boyfriend is a bit of a die hard Mod and I was actually attracted by the quirky cover idea more than the northern soul tracks on it.
But my boyfriend assures me the tracks on it are Top Notch and he is thrilled with it so anyone who is a bit of a Northern Soul Fan should enjoy this one
on 19 March 2013
If you are an old soulie (or a learner) this cd is fantastic. All the classic tracks that we were dancing to in the 70s are on this cd. You will be reliving your misspent youth complete with talc in your hand and a beer mat tucked in your waistband. Magic stuff - the cd case is pretty cool as well :0))
on 23 June 2012
I have over a thousand soul CDs mainly Northern Soul, so I have all the tracks on this double disc CD spread out amongst my collection.

Great value and not a bad track, nothing new on it , but then it shouldn't. Great if you just want a taster
on 26 August 2016
I like the idea of a Haynes manual for a 1960's Lambretta,with all the lighting accessories, as cover art as if to state that this is the mechanics of the Mod era. The crash helmet let it down though ( wrong era design ) and Northern Soul is/was not the Mod era. I do like obscure 1960's American soul and these Northern Soul albums are good for finding some of them, some that I had forgotten existed. I downloaded the album, then reduced the content down to just over 55 minutes of reasonably good stuff. That was still worth it for the money. Why a track by Paul Anka was included I do not know. That's like sticking a track by 'The Osmonds' on a rock compilation album just cos someone thought it sounded the same...Oh.......wait a minute....that happened too.

Eamonn
on 11 April 2012
I never thought that I would receive such an excellent compilation of fab and wellknown top class Northern Soul tunes AND some extraordinairy northern and cross over tunes for such a low price!!
on 17 February 2013
I bought this as a birthday present for a friend and decided to keep it for myself. I have got lots of Northern Soul albums but there wasn't a lot of duplication on this (in my collection) - I loved the artwork on the front.
on 11 March 2013
An excellent and diverse collection of great Northern Soul recordings, I bet you'll be bouncing in your seat, it's a great addition to any collection
on 6 February 2014
every hit from the northern soul scene really great tracks on there ,well worth the money ,,,a must if you are starting to get in to northern soul