Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 22 March 2017
This is our favourite peanut butter,there are no hidden nasties in it so I know its ok to wipe onto the dogs kong toys to keep them amused and busy when we go out or if its terrible weather and they can't go into the garden.The humans of the household eat this by the barrel load too but I'm incredibly happy that its ok for the dogs.Can you tell that I like my dogs?
on 20 September 2016
Delicious taste, but loses one star because I feel this would benefit from being slightly thicker. This is a very runny consistency even when stirred up (the oil separates naturally) when compared to another similar natural peanut butter brand. It tastes amazing though, and bought at a great price. I'm sure with this consistency this would be ideal to add to shakes and smoothies. May give that a try!
on 26 February 2017
The computer made a mistake and made a partial mistake in my order. The suppliers were understanding and generous in the way they treated us. The product is excellent, I keep buying it again and again
VINE VOICEon 22 January 2014
If you are looking for a delicious, sugar and salt free peanut butter then this is the one to chose. In fact, after years of eating peanut butter with these added, it is actually difficult to believe that this product contains only peanuts...nothing else... not even palm oil, which I actively avoid these days (mainly because of Orangutans losing their homes). None of these additives are missed.
The only drawback is that the oil does separate- which is a bit of a pain when you first open it, although only in the sense of a First World Problem of having to stir it for a couple of minutes. After that, and here's a tip, store the jar in your fridge and it'll never separate again.

Delicious- I've got mine on subscription from Amazon. So great price too!
on 22 October 2014
Delicious peanut butter. Fantastic that it's got no added sugar and salt. This stuff tastes amazing and is so moreish. Which can be bad because there's a lot of fat in peanut butter, but then it's healthier fats. Cannot beat the taste of this. Just needs a really good stir once opened because the oils always float to the top. Be careful there, it can get messy. After that it's amazing.
on 20 July 2014
Yes, yes, all natural, no added sugar/salt blah blah blah but this particular brand is unpleasant tasting.

I eat a lot of peanut butter (almost every day on toast with jam) and have tried all sort of varieties including supermarket budget brands, premium brands and those from independent health food shops.

The thing I don't like about this Meridian product (I ended up buying 12 jars due to a special offer) is that the peanut butter is made with the 'skin on'. This gives is a slightly smokey, slightly burnt, slightly bitter taste compared to those peanut butters which are made with skinless peanuts. The 'heart' of the peanut (the dimply part) can also be slightly bitter, and I assume that is also included in the grinding process.

There's nothing wrong with eating these parts of the peanut but they do not necessarily result in the best tasting peanut butter. I like independent producers, but this is a disappointing product.

Also, the customer service from 3V Foods (owner of Meridian brand) is hugely disappointing.
on 14 March 2013
It's a lovely product. Tasting it makes it clear that it's free from pretty much anything except peanuts. The ingredients list confirms this. That means it's not as tasty for the wee-ones though. But with a little imagination, you can create a snack that they love but is healthier than it used to be - I can suggest chocolate spread mixed with this peanut butter as a good example of that.
on 2 July 2013
I was unable to find 100% peanut butter locally so I ordered this to try. My son advised me beforehand that it tastes more like "monkey nut" than "roasted peanut" but I absolutely love it. Thoroughly recommended.
Take care as not all the lids in the six pack were tightly screwed on. None had come off but there was some leakage of oil (pure peanut oil, of course) from every jar. All was secure though due to shrink-wrapping.
on 25 May 2013
I love this peanut butter. I got this ones specifically because it had the alst fat of all natural peanut butters and no added ingredients yet it still tastes amazing. The smell is really strong as well when you open it so you i could tell this was some good quality stuff. Little more loose than other peanut butter brands but makes no difference at all, if anything it's better because it's easier to use and spread. Definitely worth 5 star.
on 9 November 2013
Im a non fussy foodie. There is very little I dont like. However, seeking a healthier alternative to my favourite peanut butter, I tried this. I tried it from the jar on a spoon. Yuk. I tried it on bread. Yuk. I tried it on rice cakes. Yuk. I literally threw 9/10 of a full jar in the bin. Disgusting. The initial flavour is bland and oily. You get a very slight, very vague hint of peanut, initially, before you are overwhelmed with a bitter, burnt, nasty taste ( a bit like when you eat a bad nut at Christmas). This taste is off putting and unpleasant and stays with you long after. I needed a drink to get rid of it. I wanted to like this product, but its awful. Truly awful.