Customer reviews

Nakd Cashew Cookie Gluten Free Bar 35 g (Pack of 18)
Flavour Name: Cashew Cookie|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 November 2012
I love Nakd bars and was keen to try this new flavour. Admittedly my first bite did not exactly fill me with delight: the coffee taste was just too strong and the prospect of being stuck with a whole box of them was disappointing to say the least. I guess I was expecting something a bit more mellow in flavour.

After a couple of bars though, I got used to them and I actually really enjoy them now. "Caffe Mocha" is a good description as these do taste very very strongly of coffee and also chocolate. I am not a coffee-drinker myself but do love my coffee-flavoured chocolates, which is why I expected to like these bars.

The bars are made up of mostly dates (55%) but also contain cashews and raisins, all "smooshed together." They make decent-sized snacks, especially if you're having them instead of less healthy treats like chocolate and I find that they do satisfy the sugar/chocolate cravings. The coffee taste stays with you a long time afterwards and I would say that if you do not enjoy that taste of strong black coffee (or perhaps coffee/expresso flavoured dark chocolate), you probably won't like these and you will be better off going for one of the other Nakd flavours.

Nutrition Info, for those interested (per 35g bar):
Calories: 130
Fat: 5g (of which, saturated fat: 1g)
Carbs: 18g (of which, natural sugars: 17g)
Protein: 3g
Fibre: 3g
Sodium: trace

The bars are also gluten, wheat and dairy free, so great for those on a free-from diet.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 August 2016
I am a huge fan of Nakd bars and I am working my way through all the different flavours. As a big fan of coffee and chocolate flavours I was expecting a lot from these bars, and I wasn't disappointed. I think the coffee is stronger than the chocolate, which could be gleaned from the order of the flavour name, but that is fine by me. The only negative that I have found with this flavour and none of the others is that there are a lot of gritty bits in them, like fragments of husks or something. You can't chew them and they hurt my teeth, so I am a bit wary of these bars now and they have lost a star due to this.

As with all Nakd bars they are free from virtually everything, apart from sugar so they are healthy but not low calorie or sugar, but great for those with allergies, particularly gluten and dairy, as it can be hard to find nice snacks. Recommended, as long as you are careful of the gritty bits.
on 18 April 2015
I'm not normally a huge fan of dried fruits, can't stand raw dates but I initially ordered a ''find your favourite'' box from their website and this was my favourite, it's actually really nice! I wasn't expecting to like any of these bars but the flavour of the coffee totally overpowers the dates so if you're anything like me and hate dates but like coffee you'll likely still find these to be quite delicious. I also liked Pecan Pie, Cocoa Delight and the Cocoa Mint and Orange were tolerable but not amazing since the flavour of the dates still came through quite strongly.
on 20 May 2017
Lovely service however the flavour of the bar was not my favourite of the nakd selection and I would not buy this one again. The coffee flavour is quite strong and ruin the taste for me however if you really like the taste of coffee then this bar would be perfect for you
on 15 July 2017
These are so delicious! If you are in need of a dark chocolate coffee hit then these are the treats for you.
on 6 June 2013
I am a fan of the Cashew version of these, but decided to try out the new flavour. I like coffee, but sometimes find 'coffee flavoured' products a bit too much.

On opening the bar is very dark and smells quite strong. However, I found it didn't actually taste as overpowering as it smelt.

I don't like the other Nakd Cocoa blends, I find them too srong, very 'plain chocolate' flavour. The Mocha, however, is not as strong.

Will be buying some more.
on 25 June 2017
I've ordered the variety pack just to taste all of them - and this one is my favorite with a close second coming to the chocolate and chocolate mint flavors which are very pleasant as well. I think this bar comes closest to one you can eat daily without feeling too overwhelmed by the flavor.
on 23 March 2017
Very nice taste healthy ingredients but apparently though no actual sugar still not good for weight loss or diabetes. Have to restrict to one a day.
on 11 June 2017
Great healthy snack and actually quite filling...this flavour combination is one of the better along with the new nut one and the cocoa version.
on 17 January 2016
Good, chewy tasty, a good cashew taste and sometimes cashew bars don't taste very strongly of cashew but this one does so really good if, like me, you love cashew nuts.