on 21 May 2015
This is so cute and I really like it it reminds me of my old mini buddy but I would say the sound quality isn't as good as my old one. The old one could go to a loud volume without sounding tinny and didn't vibrate as much in the speaker this one doesn't seem able to handle extreme volume but hey for the price it's not bad (I did get it on offer so it only cost me £5 including shipping).You do pay for what you get and I've looked on the bottom of my "minibuddy" there is a kitemark however unlike my owl minibuddy this doesn't have the KS for the kitsound logo on it. Also unless mine is plugged in with the charger it doesn't work on its own don't pay the full price unless you know for sure that it is an official minibuddy from kitsound
on 31 August 2017
I ordered this speaker for one of my friend as he wanted to connect it with his phone through the jack and to listen to music loudly. To be honest I didn't expect the sound to be that loud and crystal clear with Bass in such a tiny speaker. I would definitely recommend if you are looking for something nice with this range of price. Its tiny and rechargeable and can be moved easily with you even in your pocket.
on 8 June 2012
My new one arrived yesterday and appears to function as expected,so my original review stands, the offer price I bought at has ceased and I would not be as tempted at the current one

*****************************************************************
Below is my original review sadly when it came to recharging it would not hold the charge ,maybe I was just unlucky getting a bad one I have returned it but reordered while they were still an offer, I will revisit here when I try the new one
******************************************************************
Had this a few days now, I have similar things but this is by far the least expensive, it doesn't have as much bass as some but the sound is fair, it is loud for it's size which is about the same as a golf ball, for the price I paid it is a bargain, so much so I have ordered two more.
Minor criticisms and a one star deduction are because the lead is fixed and quite short, it enters from the top so standing up it is no further than about four inches from the item being used, no issue for a phone/mp3 player but with a netbook /laptop a bit longer or an audio socket would have been better
on 7 January 2014
I have given this product 5 stars as I ordered 3 different KitSound mini speakers as stocking fillers and pleased with the actual brand and sound quality for such a mini speaker. My only niggle with this particular one was the packaging. This item did not come in the same packaging as all the others, so actually looked used. Hopefully nothing untoward with this item. . Too late to do anything about it so i gave it as a present anyway and put it in a box i had of my own. Still working well considering the reviews regarding these products however early days yet.
on 18 January 2014
Great little speaker. Have purchased four now for 3 different family members and one for myself. They are slightly bigger than a golf ball but they really pack a punchy sound. They plug in to charge up and the volume is controlled by your device once you have attached the speaker. Great for camping and in the car. Loud enough for my daughter's bedroom without me having to shout"turn it down!". Would definitely recommend.
One person found this helpful
on 5 December 2017
Great sound an volume quality for such a small speaker. My only problem was it's wasn't very robust. after about a month and a half of regular use the lead for it just went, and would only play if held in a certain position and such. like headphones do when they start going in one ear? Other then that really good while it lasted
on 8 June 2012
For a small little speaker, it packs a punch when playing music! At first before I used it, i thought it would provide a basic standard tinny sound due to how small it is and how low the price was. But no, it was so much more then that. Trust me, if you want a nice little speaker for on-the-go purposes, this is for you! Get it while it is cheap (Still awesome even at full price!). Another cool thing about this product is that it has it's own internal battery with a USB charger. This is awesome as you do not need spare AAA/AA batteries to make it work, just plug it into a machine and charge (You can even use it while it is plugged in!). Very impressed with the product! Even my family loves it! Thank you!
4 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 13 April 2013
I bought this speaker for my Iphone and I am very impressed by it. It is a fun and practicle gadget, the sound quality is very good, and the price a real bargain.
I love it so much that I bought another version of it. I would highly recommend it. I have purchase portable speakers previously at higher prices, and they were no where near as good as this one. 10/10
2 people found this helpful
on 14 July 2013
I bought this for my 8yr old son for his birthday to go with his first ipod shuffle. The sound quality and look and feel is fantastic for the price. I was expecting something of this value to be more flimsy and lower quality noise.

The sound increases to a decent volume and we have used it as a family on holiday and in the garden etc since. Fab for children or adults wanting an easy to travel speaker.
on 4 June 2015
This is the 2nd time in buying one of these KitSound things and twice within 6 months, they've failed to work. The light remains on but, no sound comes out of the ipod/iphone. They are great at first but, the cheap quality shines through months later. Now too late for a refund/replacement.