on 21 November 2016
I liked this book so much more than the first of the series. It was much more fun and had me laughing and smiling the whole way through. Who can resist a loveable bad boy?
on 8 April 2017
Another wonderful book full of laughs, tears and love. Knight in a not so shiny armour and a heroine with personality that isn't boring or obvious. I adored the way their relationship blossomed.. would recommend 😊
on 10 June 2015
Fantastic.
on 15 May 2017
Lovely story
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 July 2012
I enjoyed this story. I loved the characters of Nick and Jamie. Some aspects of the story I found a bit predictable but it didn't ruin my enjoyment. The only thing that really annoyed me and started to grate on me was how Nick constantly referred to Jamie as 'his little recluse'. Yes she was a recluse when he first met her but he brought her out of her shell. OK if he had called her it in the first few chapters but the fact it went on for the whole book drove me mad!
That aside, I like this authors style of writing and will read more of her books.
on 26 October 2012
I loved Sudden Response and The Neighbours books but was a little dissapointed with A Humble Heart. I had downloaded this at the same time as A Humble heart and felt reluctant to read it. I however enjoyed this book a lot more. I did not realise it was Nicks story who was first slightly introduced in Humble Heart too. The constant reference to Jamie as ' my little recluse' did get up my nose a bit but non the less a great book. I seem to lean in favour of books with a very dominant male character who seems reluctant to have a relationship and then fall hard and this was just how I like them.
on 6 January 2013
I really enjoyed this book. I fell in love with Jamie's sweet, clumsy character. The sex scenes are very hot, and you never knew where the book would take you next. Very well written. I enjoyed very much and feel sad that it's over.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 7 July 2012
I love RL's work, and if I may say this is one of my favourite reads. Maybe not quite as good as her neighbours from hell series but close.
I really liked the way the story is presented, without the endless paragraphs laying things out. Instead the reader gradually learns the two leads back stories. Nick and Jamie are excellent together their dialogue is witty and humorous. Plus the sexual chemistry between them is electric. This story is about two people who at first impression are poles apart. But scratch beneath the surface and you will find that they have more in common than they at first realise. I loved the way Nick bossed Jamie around, to begin with I thought he might be a bit of a jerk, but he is written in such a way that you know he is really a good guy. Jamie is very shy and a complete doormat, that is unless you get between her and her chocolate obsession.
To sum up a fab read that is well written with great characters and a really good story. Oh and don't forget the hot love scenes. A very satisfying read.
on 18 February 2012
Another brilliant book by R. L. Mathewson.
I have completely fallen in love with her work, and think she is a fantastic author.

A Reclusive Heart is a story about a very shy and timid author/editor who has to work with a very arrogant and bossy publisher.
A real page turner, and highly enjoyable.

Heart wrenchingly beautiful.
on 15 November 2012
This was a really fun read. the story line was nice and I loved Nick. He's a little harsh at first but she is such a sad A** I would of been the same with her too if I was a guy. However her "chocolate addiction" was so annoying. At first I thought it was hilarious that she was a compulsive eater. but since this annoying little "habit" appeared in every single chapter and practically took over the last chapter is why I'm marking this down. Also the climax at the end was done to soon and didn't live up to the expectation and hype