on 25 February 2012
I spent ages trying to find a back up charger for my HTC phone and my IPAD. I travel a lot with work with A lot of kit and needed a charger with a large capacity and doesn't take up too much space while being kind to the old wallet.

This charger meets all those criteria and more. It comes with a multitude of different charging adapters and it can be charged from your laptop or a USB plug that are becoming more and more common these days. Once charged stick it in your pocket or your bag with the relevant adopters and off you go! It charges my phone and my iPad just as quick as they would charge normally.

My only criticism (and I'm splitting hairs here) is the little carry pouch it comes with doesn't close at the end so it has a habit of falling out along with the adapters. A sealable pouch would be ideal but this doesn't take away from the product at all.
on 23 October 2013
After reading the reviews I was nervous about buying the pebble smartstick, but with Amazon's great return policy I thought what the hay. Thankfully the pebble has worked remarkably well and continues to do so. I took this to Glastonbury and it charged my phone fully when my battery on my iphone was very low.

Note to users - this takes a few hours to fully charge and has to be done via your laptop/PC. This is a bit of a pain, but once charged fully the red light changes to green.

Another note - when you use the pebble to charge your phone/or whatever the item make sure you leave the pebble connected until the pebble is fully drained. Don't make the mistake I did and remove the pebble to check the progress, as sadly you only get to charge once. If you try and cannot reconnect to continue the charge it will not work. Wish I'd known this little nugget of information whilst in the middle of a field in Somerset!

Apart from that the pebble is well worth the money, especially for those charger emergencies!
on 10 August 2013
This product works well with my iPhone 4S. It is small and light so I can keep it in my bag at all times for emergencies. However my one came with a broken iPhone connector. I did not bother to send it back as I had a spare iPhone USB cable which works instead, but it's still a little annoying.
on 10 January 2013
I did not purchase this product via Amazon, but wish to alert others to it's shortcomings before they think about buying one.

Nice idea, compact and looks great. However it utterly failed to charge either my Samsung Galaxy S2 or my Blackberry, whether switched on or off. Indeed both phones when switched on registered a "the connected device is unable to charge your phone" message.

On closer inspection the output from these devices is extremely low and so is unlikely to be powerful enough to charge a power-hungry phone when it's switched on - which is when they are most likely to be needed!

Other products are of course available, but a carrying spare phone battery may be a better solution!
88 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 August 2014
Great little gadget for any beleaguered phone (or other portable device) owners whose battery doesn't last the day. I don't need to use it every day but when I do it's very speedy and I get about one and a half full phone charges out of each recharge so it's good for two goes. Worked a treat for my friend's Samsung too. Also good if you just need a little boost to tide you over till you can access a plug socket. The smart stick charges with a USB and a little cable so I guess if you have a laptop you could charge up your phone straight from that if all else fails.
on 9 December 2011
My son brought me this the other day as I'm always forgetting to charge my phone up. This Smartstick charges up in my purse while I am on the go, it's amazing! I have a Nokia and a Blackberry (for work) and it has different tips for each of the phones.

I'm no good with technology but it's really simple, I charge it up once and then when my phone is low on battery it then charges up my phone. I get the train a lot so I don't always have access to a plug point but with my Smartstick I can charge it up ANYWHERE!

I really like the fact that it's Pink and also because Veho donate £1 to every unit sold, I feel happy knowing my money is going to a worthy cause. They also do it in other colours so I think I'm going to buy the other colours for the rest of the family as stocking fillers.

I'm very happy with this, a excellent purchase from my son.
on 9 January 2014
The kids said it was a favourite gift and very useful.
They have already used them.
One slight problem was that it was not iphone compatible so we need another attachment.
on 27 June 2014
This is great, keeps my phone topped up on the move. I had the previous version and the new USB/micro USB connector makes it much more versatile for charging purposes.
on 18 December 2013
This is a great idea, I have brought several for my friends and family. Would recommend this product Great well pleased
on 6 March 2013
this is a decent all rounder charge pod, it has 4 adaptors for various phones, pc tablets etc, and is always useful to charge on the go when your phone etc dies