Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 7 August 2013
My dad is a science lecturer so I thought this would be a good present for his birthday. It's fun and looks pretty sturdy, granted he doesn't play with it often.
The only thing is that you have to make sure to dust it otherwise it doesn't work properly and even then it doesn't carry on for a long time. After 6 beats or so it just sways and then stops.
The size is pretty good as it's not too big but not too small either.
Very nice overall for a grown up who doesn't play with it often. For a child I don't think it will last long or their attention will fade as it just does the same thing over and over again.
on 23 October 2013
I have bought this as a stocking filler for my 12 year old son and it is well packaged. I opened it and tried it out and was pleasantly surprised. The base is fairly solid and it is a good size for a window sill or table. Although the threads do not look particularly strong, it does the job and works well. A good gift for an older child/teen/adult, but a younger child might not be gentle enough and the threads holding the silver balls might break. Its is a much nicer Newton's Cradle than some of the ones I have seen for sale on the High Street so I would definitely recommend this version =)
on 4 May 2014
I wouldn't even give this one star if I had the option...

The picture is very misleading - I bought this product, expecting a metal frame, instead it is made of cheap black plastic. It only works for about 2 seconds before stopping. I would definitely recommend paying a bit more for something of better quality - not worth the £9 I paid for it...very disappointing!!!
on 6 September 2012
Arrived quickly and was well packaged. This is a decent size - base is about 18cm x 12cm, height about 18cm. The balls are held on nylon strings which look a bit flimsy but haven't broken yet! Bought for my 6 year old who loves playing with it. It doesn't seem to work as well as ones I remember as a kid but guess that might just be rose-tinted glasses! Overall it feels fairly solid - had a smaller one which was flimsy and broke apart after a couple of weeks, so hopefully this one will last longer.
on 8 June 2015
My son is very happy with it but you do have to handle it with care, it knots easily so we had a few discussions about what 'not' to do with it, but so far its lasting well and he has it on a mantelpiece in his room and has a few minutes with it most days. Not brilliant quality but for the price good enough and lasting well.
on 16 June 2013
It works ok but it doesn't seem to swing for as long as I would hope. Wouldn't pay any more for it than what I did otherwise I'd be returning it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 June 2016
This is a well made, visually attractive Newton's Cradle. It features 5 suspended metal balls which impact upon one another, demonstrating that for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction!

This item is approx. 18cm tall, 15cm wide, and 5.5cm deep. It's good fun to watch. Perfect to demonstrate science ... and is a nice object to have on your desk.

Fully recommended.
on 11 June 2014
I love watching the motion of this Newton's Cradle. I find it soothing and very relaxing. In this day and age of computerisation it's lovely to be able to 'switch off' from the modern world and unwind. I would recommend this item.
on 17 March 2013
if you want your balls to knock together with a clack clack sound 6then this Newtons cradle is exactly what you want,
the nylon strings could be a bit tighter as there is some give so energy is lost, but apart from that its good as your going to get
on 18 March 2013
Ordered these for my grandsons as a last resort, would have liked some more sturdily built, like I remember as a child, but couldn't find any.
These are quite shoddy really and I don't expect they will last long, but hey ho they wern't too expensive .
If any body knows where I can buy a genuine scientific standard cradle please let me know.
Packaging and delivery fine.