on 3 December 2016
Classic
on 30 January 2016
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 July 2014
ok
HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 25 November 2013
Eartha Kitt released this in I believe 1953, and it became a big hit. The actual song was written by a woman, where at the time most hits were written by men, so this is a bit of a landmark song. This is a light hearted tongue in cheek type song, where a woman thinks about all the expensive goodies she wants for Christmas. This has been covered many times, but this is still my favourite version.
on 6 December 2013
If anything I find this quite a cheeky/seductive Christmas piece (is that weird, or just me?!). It's one of those Christmas classics that will hopefully be around forever. The lyrics are actually really quite clever if you listen carefully to them, and potentially very risque when you consider the age this was released in!!
on 18 December 2013
flirtacious, you can hear the need in the way she delivers the notes with her voice. If i was santa I'd give it all to her, No matter how bad the recession. Been many covers but no one touches Eartha. She really made this song what it is. All you aspiring musicians, give eartha a thorough listen.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 December 2013
A lovely free offer from Amazon of a Christmas classic bound to put a smile on the face at this time of year. There have been many interpretations of this song right up to Kylie Minogue but this is the best to my mind with Kitt purring the lyrics in her own inimitable style.
on 22 December 2013
Reminds me of my childhood when Mum and Dad would have been listening to it. As with all re-mastered tunes the stereo is not good. I down loaded this track with a few others to try a new sound bar I have just bought and it worked very well, made the house feel very festive.
on 1 December 2013
I'm sure we've all heard about twenty covers of this song, but Eartha Kitt remains top of the list in this timeless classic. With a rich voice that is sounds so warming in this high quality sounding mp3, it is definitely worth a download.
on 28 March 2014
Perfect for use, it met my expectations.
Very Good price "FREE" What more could you ask for.
It recommend this to anyone who enjoys music.
Not to be disliked it does what it says on the tin